Talk

Advanced search

HELP!!!! EYEBROW DISASTER!

(17 Posts)
Tarrarra Sat 26-Mar-16 17:41:54

I went to have my brows somewhere different today, I was just passing and thought I may as well get a quick thread and tint.

Now I said, as I sat down, to literally waft some brown dye over the brows and take it off again as I don't like a really dark brow. She did a good job with the threading but the colour is not so good. She could see I was upset when she showed me, and I said I thought they were way too dark, considering I asked for a light brown. She tried to wipe them with something, but it hasn't really done a lot. I just wanted to leave and get home.

They're so dark they are nearly BLACK... I could cry. My children laughed at me when I got home. I am very fair with fair hair, so they do really stand out far too much.

What can I do? Will scrubbing help? Fairy liquid? Anything????! Please help!

Yours,

Mrs Scousebrow

daisywhoopsie Sat 26-Mar-16 17:48:56

This has happened to me before. My DP picked me up from the salon. I could tell he was trying very hard not to laugh so I knew the situation was bad. I gently exfoliated (just with exfoliating gloves, no product) and after doing this a couple of times I looked far more normal!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sat 26-Mar-16 17:52:50

Dear Mrs Scousebrow,
Scrub or wash with a bit of shampoo? Don't irritate them though.
Can you buy eyebrow home dye kit to lighten them?

NantucketNightbird Sat 26-Mar-16 17:54:05

They will fade for sure and I bet they don't look that bad, just the shock from what you are used to. Show us a photo I bet you look fine but they will definitely fade. This is why I stick to a pencil and benefit gimme brow.

possum18 Sat 26-Mar-16 17:54:35

Mine are always too dark and take a few days to get to how I like them, wipe them with make up cleansing wipes and wash your face properly in the shower and it should lighten up in a few days once the dye is only on your hairs not your skin!

lorelei9here Sat 26-Mar-16 17:55:51

you can remove hair dye with baking soda I think? and clarifying shampoo or maybe even Fairy liquid.

obviously be massively careful. maybe if you soak a cloth in those things and scrub your eyebrows with the damp cloth, it will get it out? I seem to recall helping someone lighten their whole head of hair - goth black not suiting her it seemed! - with similar.

lorelei9here Sat 26-Mar-16 17:56:19

PS considering you asked her to waft it over, I'd be asking for a refund!

ProjectPerfect Sat 26-Mar-16 17:56:45

They'll fade very quickly but if you're desperate a little bit of washing up liquid will strip the colour out.

MushroomMama Sat 26-Mar-16 17:58:45

They fade quickly I think a tint only lasts a week!

Try and get a very light brow pencil to even out the colour?

Shopaholic84 Sat 26-Mar-16 18:01:30

Don't panic- they will fade after a couple of days and look fine, honestly.

Tarrarra Sat 26-Mar-16 18:07:53

Brilliant, I will try fairy liquid and exfoliating gloves in the bath tonight. Thank you.

I had to pay in advance as it was a brow counter in store, if I hadn't already paid, then I wouldn't have paid, but I was too flummoxed to ask for a refund and was kicking myself for not doing so when I got home. I will go back in if I can't tone them down to ask for a refund.

Gunpowder Sat 26-Mar-16 18:15:44

Ugh. This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Baby wipes helped a bit, and exfoliating them, but they looked horrendous for three or four days. If you wear spectacles that helps disguise them, and heavier make up than usual. After about a week they looked GREAT so don't despair.

Jmangel Sat 26-Mar-16 19:20:12

Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with a squeeze of lemon juice to form a paste - smear it on and leave for 2 mins - pulls the dye clean out but you may be left with even lighter brows than you started with but then just pencil over. If 2 mins isn't enough, just mix up another batch and repeat.

Tarrarra Sat 26-Mar-16 22:07:11

I've tried exfoliating gloves and fairy liquid which has helped. I will see how they look tomorrow with more makeup and glasses!

xshannonsheehan Sat 26-Mar-16 22:10:11

I had the same thing happen to me, only she tried to invent me an eyebrow, getting the dye onto my skin and it stuck! I scrubbed the hell out of them until my eyebrows were red raw and they stayed that way for days. I don't know what's worse blush

suzib Sat 26-Mar-16 23:22:00

Cif is what you need.

SecretsAndStuff21 Sat 26-Mar-16 23:52:19

Head and Shoulders does a great job of removing dye. Be careful though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now