Talk

Advanced search

Any Body Shop must-haves?

(24 Posts)
CorkyBark Sat 26-Mar-16 07:09:48

I'm forever getting their 40% off emails but apart from the excellent hemp hand cream I don't know much about BS products. Does anyone have any faves?

Anyone remember drowning themselves in White Musk? grin

chanie44 Sat 26-Mar-16 07:12:22

I use the vitamin e skincare (serum in oil and the intense moisturiser), rainforest shampoo and conditioner and the body mists.

Toffeelatteplease Sat 26-Mar-16 07:12:51

Shower gel

TimeToMuskUp Sat 26-Mar-16 08:10:07

Instablur and the ginger shampoo.

SoyYo Sat 26-Mar-16 08:34:06

Moringa, Hemp or Vitamin E body butter great for dry skin
Rainforest moisture hair butter for dry hair deep conditioning treatment. I couldn't live without this!
DH loves ginger shampoo and banana conditioner on his normal to greasy hair and sorted out his dandruff problems.
teenage DS like their tea tree range and Krishna shower gel
I use their shower gels too as soap free, gentle, and nice smelling
For makeup I really rate their colour crush eye shadows, specially fond of shade 205 and their clear mascara gel for taming eyebrows and no makeup days.

I always stock up on above with 40% discount offers, I like they are mostly natural ingredients not tested on animals and with the discount they are a bargain IMO.

Also always have hemp hand cream by kitchen sink and got more but its not on offer, still worth it @£11. I got tempted to try their camomile cleansing butter so will see what that's like, their camomile cleansing oil is pretty good too.
I have dry/sensitive skin and like the Aloe cleanser, face mask too.

Hope this gives you ideas? My order is on its way grin

applecatchers36 Sat 26-Mar-16 08:45:58

Vitamin E range skin care esp face moisturisers
Rainforest shampoo / conditioner sulphate free
Vitamin C serum

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 26-Mar-16 08:51:08

Camomile Cleansing Butter is gorgeous , I didn't like the eye make up remover at all, but the Cleansing Butter (used with a muslin cloth) takes off everything.

Pink Grapefruit Body scrub before waxing (it's ££ but lasts ages)

I got the Moringa Shower gel, the Body Butter smells nicer, but I never use a body butter.........

Lip liners are good, I've had a Beech one for over 20 years shock and recently bought a pink one

The buffy shower thingies are the best I've ever found

DS and DH use the Ginger shampoo (it's sorted out DS very flakey scalp)

I tried the Rainforest shampoo but it was too harsh on my hair, so I use it only as a detox shampoo before hair dye.

Absinthe Handwash - i use as a showergel, LOVE the fragrence.

<<Plans a trip to BodyShop this week>>.......................... smile

Jmangel Sat 26-Mar-16 09:01:09

Ooh can I be cheeky and ask what the discount code is please? I want to try the hair butter now!

CorkyBark Sat 26-Mar-16 09:05:13

The code is 19804. Thank you all for your suggestions. I can't help but think it's a bit of an undiscovered treasure trove that I need to explore - the 40% off sales are pretty frequent.

Jmangel Sat 26-Mar-16 09:07:38

Ignore me - it's on the home page.

FATEdestiny Sat 26-Mar-16 09:12:55

Anyone remember drowning themselves in White Musk?

I still cover myself in white musk grin

CorkyBark Sat 26-Mar-16 09:53:39

Think I need the hair butter...

SoyYo Sat 26-Mar-16 10:53:45

Get it corky its great for dry hair! Their low sulphate rainforest shampoo is also very good but didn't find it online...hope they haven't discontinued it!
Glad to hear camomile face butter is good looking fw to trying when my parcel arrives smile
Forgot to say Vit E facial wash also very nice and gentle, I like Body Shop and product range great for everyday needs
The Absynthe handwash I had once but didn't think to use as a body wash, very nice by sink though...
Not sure about fragrances like White Musk, but I'm committed to my Penhaligon fragrance so never bother elsewhere...

SoyYo Sat 26-Mar-16 10:55:52

Meant to say rainforest moisture shampoo not available, others from same range are there but I have very dry hair so didn't want to chance it...

Whitetulipofpeace Sat 26-Mar-16 11:01:04

It's in the spa range so not 40% off but my all time favourite smell is of the dead sea salt scrub. It's absolutely packed with salt crystals.

ArielisALiar Sat 26-Mar-16 12:51:56

I love any of their Satsuma-flavored products, especially the shower gel. I live in perpetual fear that Satsuma will be discontinued.

Indecisivejo Sat 26-Mar-16 14:53:07

Which hair butter is it???? Tell me now grin

CointreauVersial Sat 26-Mar-16 15:24:11

They do a lovely Almond Oil pen for moisturing nails - really easy to use - one of those clicky pens.

Body Butter always good.

I love their fragrances and body sprays too.

whatamidoinghereanyway Sat 26-Mar-16 15:58:10

Their vitamin c microdermabrasion face scrub.
You can't go wrong with the body butters, especially as we will be showing more skin!
Face roller
Bath gloves-much better quality than any I have found.
The Brazil nut shower gel is great, in fact all the shower gels are thick and actually make your skin smell nice smile

flirtygirl Sat 26-Mar-16 16:10:02

love their spf 30 vit c cream, it leaves no white cast, sinks in, hydrates and smell of fanta.

their smoky poppy range smells like a weak opium perfume, very nice. I also love the mens range activist, always steal DS's when I have a shower so might buy my own. also love he satsuma hand cream, smells really fresh. Their vitamin c microdermabrasion face scrub is good too. the drops of youth eye roller thingy is meant to be good but I have not tried it. The 40% is also off the sale items too so some bargains to be had.

mumsnit Sat 26-Mar-16 21:04:47

Hemp hand cream
Shea body butter (I'm a massive fan of the Shea range!)
Love most of the shower gels - I stock up in the sale!

I also have quite a few of their perfumes. White Musk libertine is lovely but was in the sale so not sure if now discontinued...

CorkyBark Sun 27-Mar-16 07:38:17

Thank you, lovely people! Looking forward to a good poke around the website now. I've got a bit hung up on Beautypedia lately and I know they recommend the cocoa butter lip balm and All In One Face Base powder foundation. The lip balm is certainly good.

Norisca Thu 31-Mar-16 10:23:55

Body Shop is owned by L'Oreal and Nestle are stakeholders in L'Oreal. Nestle have an appalling record for undermining breastfeeding (yes they are still doing it, causing infant deaths due to their dubious practices), employing child slaves, taking groundwater to produce expensive bottled water in places like India etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now