Talk

Advanced search

Can you work your colours from back to front?

(7 Posts)
EarlyInTheMourning Sat 26-Mar-16 07:08:05

What I mean is, I have just discovered that the most flattering colour against my skin is charcoal. It's really flattering on me. Based on this, can I work out what 'season' I am to try other colours I wouldn't normally consider or is this too simplistic?

shirkingworking Sat 26-Mar-16 07:17:19

Think most people can wear charcoal, sorry.... Does fuscia pink or coral look nicer on you? Then you might be able to work out if you are cool or warm.

chanie44 Sat 26-Mar-16 07:19:43

I diagnosed myself and concluded I am an autumn.

I did lots of googling and did online tests. Two of the seasons are cool and two are warm. The cool colours didn't suit me, so that halved the choices. Of summer and autumn, I preferred the autumn colours on me (and found that my wardrobe had lots of these colours anyway).

EarlyInTheMourning Sat 26-Mar-16 07:50:48

Most people can wear charcoal?! darn it, I thought I was special. Anyways. If that's the case, why am I finding it so difficult to find charcoal clothes, specially dresses?

Coral does actually look good on me, fucsia, no way. Does that bring me closer to a diagnosis? wink

CoolToned Sat 26-Mar-16 07:51:49

EarlyInTheMourning - if coral looks good on you, you're warm.

carrie74 Sat 26-Mar-16 07:54:56

To work out if cool or warm, white (cool) vs cream (warm) against your face is good. Cream makes my skin look sallow, white makes my eyes zing. It's funny, before my colour analysis, I would have sworn I'd be an Autumn: reddish tingles to brown hair, green eyes, freckled. But actually, I was always wearing some of my good colours: bright cobalts, navys, white, so I was getting it right. But then I would also try khaki or coral which seemed OK, but with hindsight, not so much!

EarlyInTheMourning Sat 26-Mar-16 08:10:52

See it's tricky because both white and cream can look good on me, not a dull cream though.

Blush looks horrid on me, as does lime green, orange, bright red, bright orange, raspberry...

Cobalt blue looks really good on me, as does navy blue. I wear black 70% of the time so I really do hope it looks good on me, but I would like to soften my look with charcoal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now