Talk

Advanced search

Mixing serums and night creams - does it work?

(5 Posts)
TheDevilMadeMeDoIt Fri 25-Mar-16 19:41:55

As I'm getting to That Age, I'd like to use EL Night Repair under LRP Redermic-R. But I wonder if using them together they'd cancel each other out and do nothing. Not necessarily the active ingredients but also possibly other stuff in the two formulae.

Does anyone else layer treatments (not necessarily those two) and do you get the benefits of both?

LadyPriggsbottom Fri 25-Mar-16 19:44:53

Do you mean using one brand of serum followed by a different branded night cream? Yes, I do this every night and it works for me.

TheDevilMadeMeDoIt Fri 25-Mar-16 20:51:42

Not so much the brands, more the ingredients. I'm thinking of basic chemistry type stuff - if one has an alkali in it and the other an acid (as a very simple example).
So really I'm just looking for others' experiences. And I'm probably way overthinking this and should get on with it grin

scandichick Fri 25-Mar-16 20:55:12

I'm into Asian Beauty, where people famously use 20 different products... so in general I wouldn't worry about it. According to knowledgeable people blogging, a waiting time after using actives like retinol does make them more efficient, however, so in your case it would make sense.

N0tfinished Sat 26-Mar-16 22:33:53

I think the EL Night Repair & the LRP Redermic R are both forms of retinol. I'm not sure what the consequences of doubling up... It could cause irritation or maybe just plain redundancy.

I'd reccomend a good glycolic serum a couple of times a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now