Eyelash Curlers for Round Eyes? Tell me what you use....

(6 Posts)
starfish8 Fri 25-Mar-16 15:45:47

Hi

Can I here your thoughts on eyelash curlers that would suit quite round large eyes? Have been reading up on Shu Uemura vs Shiseido curlers, but also MAC, Bobbi Brown have been mentioned too.

Don't really fancy shelling out £20 on curlers to find they hurt! I'm a bit confused what would be best for me, so half tempted to buy a £2 pair from Superdrug!

Please tell me what you use as I'm in desperate need of a new pair.

Thanks!

NattyGolfJerkin Fri 25-Mar-16 16:02:11

I use Shu ones. They are fine. Grab my eyelashes but not my skin and leave a nice curl without the weird square kink.

starfish8 Fri 25-Mar-16 16:26:29

NattyGolfJerkin. Thanks for your comment. What shape eye do you have? I've read some of the Japanese brands are better suited to Asian eyes?

botemp Fri 25-Mar-16 20:01:07

I have the original Shu Uemera's (they changed them slightly a few years ago, they're less loved as a result) and Kevyn Aucoin's. I like them both but would say the Shu Uemera is slightly more narrow in width and make my almond eyes appear rounder (a look Japanese women prefer, it's a bit doll like). The Kevyn Aucoin's flutter out your lashes to the side, somewhat cat eye-ish. They're both great but I use them according to need. A different newer model from Shu Uemera (I think the S model or something like that, it looks like a weird clamp) isn't liked very much by western women but Asian women love it for the precision control, who knows it might just be thing for you? If you can get yourself to a Shu Uemera store or counter I'd just go and try them out and they'll show you how to use them properly without grabbing onto your lid no matter what your eye shape. Kevyn Aucoin is sold by SpaceNK (Shu Uemera might be too?).

For the best curl (doesn't matter which model you get) hold it under a blow-dryer for a few seconds so it's warm (not hot) and then curl your lashes, the difference is pretty amazing.

starfish8 Fri 25-Mar-16 21:29:54

Thanks so much. I never thought about going to a counter, but in Manchester there is a Space NK and Selfridges/Harvey Nics may have a counter. Will go to investigate!

NattyGolfJerkin Sat 26-Mar-16 12:09:21

Sorry, I am a fellow "round eye", starfish

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now