Fading acne scars

(6 Posts)
Findingpeace Fri 25-Mar-16 00:49:24

Does anyone have any tips? My DD (18) has sorted out her acne but has scars left on her face sadly.

MattDillonsPants Fri 25-Mar-16 13:52:01

Laser treatment has excellent results. Resurfacing is appropriate for most cases of acne scarring but ask her GP for a referral....don't go to anywhere on the high street. It's not cheap...some people can get it on the NHS, others not. Do ask.

LtheWife Fri 25-Mar-16 20:42:12

Pitted scars or discolouration? Pitted scars may need resurfacing but the red/purple/brown pigmentation type scars will fade with time but can be sped up with products. After acne treatment I had great results with Pepta Bright from Indeed Labs. Alpha H Liquid Gold is also supposed to be very good. And don't forget a good sunscreen, absolutely essential if you're using Liquid Gold anyway but sun exposure will make the pigmentation worse/stop it from fading as quickly.

building2016 Fri 25-Mar-16 20:59:41

Vit C serum and AHAs.

Findingpeace Sat 26-Mar-16 01:28:22

I actually have some liquid gold as I never got on with it. I'll give it to her to try and I'll pick up some pepta bright. Thank-you.

RonaldMcDonald Sat 26-Mar-16 01:59:41

Derma rolling and vit c cream

I have used peels and ipl to brilliant effect but I am old. If it were now I would start with derma rolling

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now