Help me find Charlotte Tilbury Retoucher alternative - By Terry?

(6 Posts)
botemp Thu 24-Mar-16 17:51:44

I was really quite happy with my CT The Retoucher concealer and was all set to repurchase except in the last month and a half or so it's been awful to use, the colour went a bit grey, and the texture was off. Not unmanageable but now that it's finished I'm not too keen to purchase it again knowing how it degrades.

I'm looking for a decent alternative for under the eyes and around the nose, I've heard great things about the Touche Veloutee by By Terry but I'm nowhere near to a physical retailer so I'm curious how it compares to CT and what the shades are like (they look a little pink). I liked the lightweight aspect of CT and that it gave enough coverage without it being heavy or all that noticeable. The shade 2 fair is pretty much a perfect match for me.

Other alternatives welcome too, I've looked at the Clinique airbrush one and it was good but didn't blow me away. Had a look at Clarins, Nyx, YSL Touche Eclat, Chanel, Guerlain, and Shiseido but none got me all that excited. I'm not UK based so NARS is too much of a hassle to source. I really liked Ellis Faas' concealer in store but unfortunately I needed two different shades for a decent match. I'm not looking for anything with heavy coverage, rather something fluid and brightening. I usually wear tinted moisturiser or just a bit of concealer for a natural but rested look. If you know a decent alternative please let me know smile.

suzib Fri 25-Mar-16 00:13:55

Bare minerals new concealer bareskin is lush.

botemp Fri 25-Mar-16 09:49:01

Thanks for that suzib, unfortunately Bare Minerals is no longer available here and at that price point plus the shipping probably too much of a gamble without seeing it in the flesh.

DiscordiaVanDiemen Fri 25-Mar-16 15:11:41

I tried the By Terry one ages ago ( I remember I got it in Space NK) and wasn't particularly impressed, especially as it's so much more expensive than most similar products.

I always go back to Touche Eclat (tried cheaper brands, but never liked them as much as the YSL) It's so individual though, just because I didn't think much of the By Terry doesn't mean that you wouldn't like it.

I've never seen the Charlotte Tilbury, but did like the Clinique Airbrush concealer when a makeup counter assistant put some on me.

SorrelForbes Fri 25-Mar-16 17:56:25

Lancome Teint Miracle corrector in shade 2 is very good.

botemp Sun 27-Mar-16 10:42:43

Thanks Discordia and Sorrel for the input. I ended up looking at both, I thought the Lancome was pretty good but if the two didn't have a different parent company I'd be convinced the Lancome Teint Miracle is the same product as the Clinique Airbrush, they even have the same cheap (sorry) packaging.

The YSL TE were very nice but I ended up buying the Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch. It's extremely pigmented but swimming in glycerin so you need very little to achieve a very natural look and it'll never crease. Easy to build up too if you need it without that overdone look. I had to get used to the very fine brush at first but I'm very happy with it so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now