Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

brogues? yes or no

(45 Posts)
bigbutsrus1 Thu 24-Mar-16 16:23:47

I really like the look of brogues worn with jeans or skirt and tights. I am usually about 5 years behind with fashion! Are they a massive no no? I like the look of the clarks ones but also love the look of a well worn pair! Any ideas of if I should get some snd wear to get them. X

TimetohittheroadJack Thu 24-Mar-16 16:27:41

Yes, I have a few, all brand new looking as they kill my feet - within five minutes the fuckers are shredding my heels.

So yes, but try them on first.

museumum Thu 24-Mar-16 16:31:40

I can't decide if they've had their time or not. I saw loads of nice ones on young women in london last week. I know they're not exactly cutting edge now but I can't decide if i've missed the boat and it's too late to buy them. Obviously those who already have them aren't going to just bin them cause they're 'last season' (unless they work in fashion or something).

JolieMadame Thu 24-Mar-16 16:35:44

Yes, I wear mine with tights and dresses.

My top shop ones are super comfy

lexloofah Thu 24-Mar-16 16:36:31

I like them and am planning on getting some which means they are so over but I don't mind, was born middle aged and love getting my miss marple on

TVC15 Thu 24-Mar-16 16:38:46

Yes!

I have a few pairs but my favourites are my pewter Hamble Oaks. They go with everything and mean I can look smart/dressy without wearing heels.

Cataline Thu 24-Mar-16 16:41:17

I also have pewter hamble oaks and love them! I have about 6 other pairs in various colours and degrees of fanciness but they're the current faves. I wear them with everything and they're great for spring when you want to get out of your winter boots!

polyhymnia Thu 24-Mar-16 16:46:40

I don't think they look dated even though they've been around a few years. They're a sort of classic, in a good way.
I recommend the Chester ones from R and B.

Lauren83 Thu 24-Mar-16 16:59:05

Nope they haven't had their day at all, I live in brogues for work

Stevie77 Thu 24-Mar-16 17:06:44

The Hamble Oak get terrible reviews online, saying they are awfully uncomfortable - is that not so? Coz I like me the look of the Pewter ones. A lot. But I have fussy feet.

TVC15 Thu 24-Mar-16 17:08:16

Stevie mine took a week of agony to break in but after that, the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

polyhymnia Thu 24-Mar-16 17:23:30

Clarks shoes just don't suit my feet at all so am sure they'd be uncomfortable on me but lots of people on here enthuse about them so must just depend on your feet. (I find their design generally a bit 'off' too but that may just be a prejudice from long ago schooldays).

Rshard Thu 24-Mar-16 17:27:44

Shoe embassy do gorgeous brogues. I have some red ones and they're super comfy and fab looking.

Orangeanddemons Thu 24-Mar-16 17:33:31

I love my brogues. It's what you wear them with that counts.

If they are on the way out, what are they being replaced by? Loafers?

museumum Thu 24-Mar-16 17:44:00

Schuh is FULL of loafers and boat shoes hmm

Schuh is my trendy barometer

museumum Thu 24-Mar-16 17:51:32

Balls. I really want pewter brogues now. Clarks are sold out. I like their navy but need them to be more versatile for travelling with work.

Dolallytats Thu 24-Mar-16 17:51:45

So jealous of you pewter Hamble Oak owners. I bought a pair in a wide fit and my fit were still too wide for them. (Thank you DC3-my feet went all wide in pregnancy and have never returned even though she is now 2.5years old, I am now an extra-wide. Trying to get nice shoes is a nightmare!)

museumum Thu 24-Mar-16 17:57:56

I've just ordered a pair for £40. They only had size 4 and I'm a 3.5 sometimes a 3 so fingers xd they fit.

kittybiscuits Thu 24-Mar-16 18:10:15

Hamble Oaks are bliss on the feet!

mumsnit Thu 24-Mar-16 18:11:17

I have Clarks Hamble Oaks in black leather and they were really comfy from day one! The patent ones don't have such good reviews which is a shame as I love the look of them.

lavendersun Thu 24-Mar-16 18:17:21

I only really wear brogues or loafers (and walking/cycling shoes/wellies)! Not sure what that says about me really.

I usually buy from Dune

www.dunelondon.com

Glitteryfrog Thu 24-Mar-16 18:19:05

I've just bought a second pair of hamble oaks in tan.
They sell them in narrow fit!!!!!!!!

ridinghighinapril Thu 24-Mar-16 18:22:10

Love love love my Hamble Oaks (note the plural) - bliss to wear from day 1. Wishing they did a pair in oxblood!

ridinghighinapril Thu 24-Mar-16 18:23:12

In case I haven't emphasised the point...they are by far the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever owned!

TooAswellAlso Thu 24-Mar-16 18:36:15

I have three pairs in various colours and heel heights and love them. A couple of Clarks pairs, one quite unusual.

But yes yes to previous poster - they rip my heels!! I have to put a gel adhesive shoe thing in them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now