Talk

Advanced search

Make Up Lessons - worth it?

(4 Posts)
Brightling Wed 23-Mar-16 21:56:31

I could really do with some help in the make up department. I've been wearing the same make up in the same way for forever.

Are make up lessons worth it?

Anybody had any?

Do you have them at a beauty salon, make up counter or in your own home?

Smartieskid Wed 23-Mar-16 22:00:40

Mac and benefit are both good think 20 or 30 pounds for a lesson and the money is redeemable on products after

Ifonlyiweretaller Wed 23-Mar-16 23:52:31

I went to a professional make up artist for my lesson. Probably one of the best things I have ever done ( after having my eyebrows tattooed). It was a present so no idea of cost, but it has totally changed the way I apply my make-up, and loads of people have noticed the difference. She didn't sell me anything, just wrote down the products she used and gave me the list. A mix of Mac, Bobbi, Benefit , urban Decay and Nars, and real techniques brushes. She also recommended a moisturiser called Embryolisse which you can now buy in Boots. It is a make up artists secret, and I now use it all the time! About a fifth of the price of the Crem de la Mer I used to use...
I have never been too impressed with make up counters - they are there to selll you their own products at the end of the day, I have waster a lot of money on them on the past...

muddymary Fri 25-Mar-16 16:22:25

I had one done at Mac and would definitely recommend it. She wasn't pushy at all and showed me how to adapt the look she'd given me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now