Talk

Advanced search

Can't wear eyeliner - watery eyes

(12 Posts)
saggyboobs1 Wed 23-Mar-16 20:52:23

I know this is a 1st world problem, so apologies.
I can't wear eyeliner under my eyes anymore, as my eyes are watering too much. It just washes away and I end up with black splodges over my cheeks. It's worse in bright daylight. I wear contact lenses, if that's relevant.
Does anyone have any suggestions (please don't suggest that I don't wear eyeliner!)

Believeitornot Wed 23-Mar-16 20:53:00

Have you seen the doctor about your eyes?

saggyboobs1 Wed 23-Mar-16 20:57:05

Believeit no, I thought it was a bit trivial for the GP, thought I would try the wise people of MN first....

KanyesVest Wed 23-Mar-16 20:58:16

I can't wear under eye liner, but I've found the liquid eyeliner from poundland is the only one that stick to my upper lash line.

saggyboobs1 Wed 23-Mar-16 21:10:59

Too wrinkly for liquid eyeliner these days, Kanye sad

Believeitornot Fri 25-Mar-16 19:51:48

It could be an allergic reaction to something or the eye ducts can get blocked up as you age and your tears don't get washed away properly! So worth getting checked.

botemp Fri 25-Mar-16 20:28:35

If it is a sudden thing and you can no longer tolerate eye products that were fine before than have it checked it out. If you're like me and you start tearing up from just a cold gust of wind then I recommend the K-Palette One Day Tattoo Eyepencil 24h Waterproof. This does not budge and is actually quite a pain to take off with anything but an oil cleanser. I got turned onto it by a Lisa Elridge video (in the product info underneath the video they list the wrong product, you'll want the pencil not the liner), it's from Japan and you'll need to get it off ebay (use a Japanese seller, other Asian countries sometimes sell fakes). It's available in brown and black, glide on like pencil and look like liner, LE uses it around the 10 minute mark. Also, do treat it with care, dropping it is the end of it I'm afraid sad.

Aquamarine70 Sat 26-Mar-16 02:19:38

Maybe try having eyeliner tattooed under your eye.

luciole15 Sat 26-Mar-16 09:30:18

I have a similar prob with eyeliner and mascara. I used to find Guerlain liquid eyeliner didn't budge. Can't swear by it now as don't use (busy Mum etc). However I can swear by the Maybelline 24 hour eyeshadows. I use 'permanent taupe' most days and it looks quite dark and gives good definition. (Am blond with green eyes and fairish skin). When going out I use the charcoal. There may be a black too. Not sure. Anyway, if you apply with a small chisel shape brush (mine is Barry M) you can draw/dab along lashes for eyeliner type effect. I did buy an eyeliner brush but it had too much give in it, IUSWIM.

I tried Bobbi Brown long lasting eyeliner and it was a total waste of money.

If mascara also runs, look into tubing mascaras. They have saved me from panda eyes too!

mrsjskelton Sat 26-Mar-16 09:54:39

Use a flat tapered brush and apply a thin amount of black/grey eyeshadow beneath the lash line. Then top up with a bit of liner. Warm up your pencil before you apply it by drawing a little on the back of your hand so it applies with less pressure.

TobleroneBoo Sat 26-Mar-16 09:57:49

Also wear contacts and my eyes stream! Not always but at the slightest breeze and whenever I laugh.

Stila waterproof eyeliner became my best friend.

saggyboobs1 Thu 07-Apr-16 13:47:48

thanks for all the suggestions - I'll probably see the doc or optician, and try some new eyeliner

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now