Talk

Advanced search

What shall I buy from Cos?

(10 Posts)
Dancergirl Tue 22-Mar-16 19:55:03

I'm going shopping tomorrow to have a look in Cos. I've only bought one item from them before but I love it and wear it a lot - a black knitted tunic top with leather trim.

What shall I look out for? I am early 40s, size 12, 5'3" and inverted triangle shape.

Kennington Tue 22-Mar-16 20:32:32

The slim fit trousers are great
Coats
Knitwear
I love the place

SugarDiabetes Tue 22-Mar-16 21:02:52

Any of it!!
Love Cos

How does the trouser sizing come up, kennington?
I wear s small in dresses, and I wear a 10-12 trouser

Dancergirl Wed 23-Mar-16 14:11:23

I'm back from my Cos expedition.

It was a bit disappointing tbh, I tried on loads but only bought 2 items:

www.cosstores.com/gb/Women/Shirts/Cut-out_tunic_shirt/10898847-22796798.1#c-85344 I got it in white. I wasn't 100% sure about the longer back but the cotton was so soft and lovely.

And this:

www.cosstores.com/gb/Women/Knitwear/Silk_panel_v-neck_top/46889-40209606.1#c-24480 in light blue. Very nice on.

I wanted to try the crossover v neck top but they didn't have that in yet. I might order online to try.

The slim trousers were disappointing - too tight on the waist, fitted well on thigh and then baggy on the calf!

Kennington Wed 23-Mar-16 16:38:55

Oh dear sorry about the trouser recommendation
If you like Cos also try and other stories for similar cool scandi stuff
Cold wash the knitwear!!!!!!

Terramirabilis Wed 23-Mar-16 16:50:30

Sorry to threadjack, but I've been looking at Cos stuff online (only available online here in the US) and is it possible for someone with a slight pear shape to wear it successfully? It all looks so cool, despite the droopy models, I'm just not convinced it'll work since I have a definite waist but carries weight on the thighs. Any pears/hourglasses know?

Saurus72 Wed 23-Mar-16 20:49:38

Terramirabilis I'm an hourglass and I buy a lot from Cos. Unfortunately I don't have a very helpful answer for you though, because while I love what I buy from Cos, the fitting tends to be really quite strange and trying on is absolutely essential. It isn't one of those brands where, once you find what works for you, you can order similar things online because you know they will be a similar fit. I usually take at LEAST 8 different things into the fitting rooms, and at most will find one thing that suits me and looks good. The hit rate isn't high hmm.

Dancergirl Wed 23-Mar-16 22:18:07

That's very true saurus I tried loads but only bought a couple of things.

Dancergirl Wed 23-Mar-16 22:18:54

What do you think of this top:

www.cosstores.com/gb/Women/Tops/Crossover_v-neck_top/46885-17575533.1#c-85352

cissyfuss Thu 24-Mar-16 14:37:14

Terra I too have your shape and have a number of Cos items BUT I echo that it's best try them on I'm afraid...

Being Scandi, unless it's a definite A line shape, I find some dresses and tops too tubular... tight on the arse and baggy on the shoulders... However they are good for A lines which can fit beautifully.

The slim trousers never fit me but I have a number of wide leg ones that do... sometimes a 12, sometimes a 14, and sometimes even a 16... random I know!

I will walk into the shop and go "love that, love that and love that..." Take 20 items into the changing room and only buy one or two... It's great when it works but can be frustrating confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now