Talk

Advanced search

This gel polishes that don't need uv lamp- any recommendations?

(13 Posts)
PuzzlingPanda Tue 22-Mar-16 16:47:10

I can't have uv gel or bio sculpt nails etc as they've wrecked my nails in the past.

I saw a rimmel 2 step 'gel' polish that apparently gives the effect of gel but doesn't need cured,

Wondered if it's a good buy or if anyone could recommend a long lasting alternative?

ideally something that will last 14 days without chipping ha!

Buzzardbird Tue 22-Mar-16 16:48:38

I found the Avon one to be really good as I too wouldn't put the real stuff on my nails.

MissTessmacher Tue 22-Mar-16 16:48:39

Barry M. They have the daylight curing range and the jelly range. Both fantastic.

Don't last two weeks though wink

TennesseeMountainPointOfView Tue 22-Mar-16 17:46:16

Don't know about the Rimmel one, but the Sally Hansen miracle gel is good. I found it lasted about a week on my fingers and about two weeks on my toes.

Doobigetta Tue 22-Mar-16 18:29:12

The Sally Hansen one chipped within two days on me, several times. Am I doing something wrong?

asthmaboy Tue 22-Mar-16 18:39:09

Avon stuff is gooooood

lanbro Tue 22-Mar-16 18:41:59

Nothing should ruin your nails, it's more likely incorrect removal that causes damage. I've been having gels done fortnightly for a year, always removed properly and if anything my nails are stronger.

I've tried the gel like polishes and they don't last anywhere near as long on me.

Kirriemuir Tue 22-Mar-16 18:45:10

Nails inc. you can get them on qvc and return if you don't like them. They have a gel range.

MrsLogicFromViz Tue 22-Mar-16 21:39:06

I quite like the Rimmel one so far, although it's only been on my nails for the past 26 hours!

ASmallHenInItsLateForties Tue 22-Mar-16 21:40:48

I was v impressed with Vinylux.

iwannadancewithsomebody Tue 22-Mar-16 21:43:52

I like the Rimmel Salon Pro. I put some on on Friday and it's still going strong, not quite 14 days though!

pod100 Tue 22-Mar-16 21:51:12

The rimmel one goes on absolutely beautifully, but has started chipping slightly for me after a couple of days.

Boots do a gel finish range, which are excellent. I got a pack for Christmas

EveWornOut Tue 22-Mar-16 22:04:01

I'm four days in with the Rimmel. It's a bit cracked but unchipped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now