Anyone with itchy scalp get on well with Aussie?

(34 Posts)
Indecisivejo Tue 22-Mar-16 12:55:36

That's it lol

midnightmoomoo Tue 22-Mar-16 18:56:09

No! I love Aussie (mega shampoo or the one for coloured hair as it smells peachy!) but after a while I itch.

fiorentina Tue 22-Mar-16 18:59:41

Same, it made me itchy unfortunately. Trying to find an alternative.

EachandEveryone Tue 22-Mar-16 19:00:27

God no way!

2legit2knit Tue 22-Mar-16 19:05:48

Nope - mega itchy! I wish I could figure out which ingredient makes me itch, I spend a fortune on shampoos that I have to throw out after a few washes.

Gobletofgin Tue 22-Mar-16 19:57:03

Sodium Laureth Sulfate and parabens make my head itch so I use Organix or any other organic SLS free shampoo and am fine. Conditioners are OK because they don't tend to contain chemicals and aren't rubbed into the scalp.

Whirlydervish Tue 22-Mar-16 19:58:18

Aussie is the worst shampoo for my hair I've ever used. Left it sticky, lank and dull with horrid itchy scalp. I had to bin it after everyone I asked said the same.

OreosOreosOreos Tue 22-Mar-16 20:08:16

I've been using MooGoo shampoo and conditioner - I had horrible itchy head (and eczema behind my ears), and it's cleared up nicely now. Leaves my head lovely and soft and swishy too!

RomComPhooey Tue 22-Mar-16 20:09:16

Where do you buy your MooGoo?

ihatethecold Tue 22-Mar-16 20:18:51

The best shampoo I've ever used and still am is the body shop ginger shampoo.
Practically cured it overnight.
I was at the point of thinking I must have headlice my scalp was so itchy.

Longdistance Tue 22-Mar-16 20:29:10

No. I have psoriasis, and have difficulty with shampoos. I used the Body Shop no parabens and sls shampoo. Smells lovely, and eased off the itching.

Though, now I'm suffering with stress, nothing's helping sad

Pancakeflipper Tue 22-Mar-16 20:31:35

Aussie was very disappointing.

I am ok with Happy Hair.

LBOCS2 Tue 22-Mar-16 20:32:11

I've heard great things about the body shop ginger shampoo, but the last time I had an itchy, irritated scalp I used Head and Shoulders Itchy Scalp 2in1 and it cleared it up nicely in one bottle's worth - and then I went back to my old shampoo and conditioner fine.

Equiem89 Tue 22-Mar-16 20:40:27

I've used Aussie miracle moise conditioner for ages but picked up a miracle moist shampoo by accident, thought I would give it a go. But my head is so itchy!! And I've got some spots/bumps which are also itchy. Must be the shampoo! So glad I've read this, will stop using it

ouryve Tue 22-Mar-16 20:41:26

Makes me itch horribly.

originalmavis Tue 22-Mar-16 20:41:47

Their dry shampoo made my scalp go like a reptile!

RainbowDashed Tue 22-Mar-16 20:43:24

Made me itch loads, sorry.

I alternate coal tar shampoo and that purple stuff for grey hair.

juniperdingleberries Tue 22-Mar-16 20:43:39

I have a terrible itchy scalp, the only stuff that works for me is inecto coconut shampoo. I can't even use other brands of coconut shampoo, only that one!

Indecisivejo Tue 22-Mar-16 21:16:50

Oh wow I'm so glad I didn't buy it today!!
I have the body shop ginger one in shower but struggle with conditioner to go with it, got their banana one which doesn't irritate my scalp but I'm not sure about it...
Moo goo was awful for my hair and my scalp I returned it!!
Was considering Alberto balsam tea tree shamp but still don't know and also Wat conditioner?! My hair is coloured, damaged, straightened most days but gets greasy quick and I hate residue

RoganJosh Tue 22-Mar-16 21:19:51

I never found the banana body shop conditioner very conditioning. I have to say, I can use any conditioner really because it doesn't go anywhere near my scalp. Are you finding you have to put it that high up?

Snazarooney Tue 22-Mar-16 21:21:40

I use moo goo for my itchy scalp too!

Indecisivejo Tue 22-Mar-16 21:27:41

I seem to have trouble with conditioners, even if I don't put it near my scalp it causes me problems, don't know why but I defo need one with my hair its very coarse and porous.

Wish moo goo worked for me

Puppymouse Tue 22-Mar-16 21:29:35

Omg I use this and have really itchy scalp. Arrrgh don't know whether to be pleased I now know the reason or gutted because I love the smell and what it does to my hair confused

Equiem89 Tue 22-Mar-16 21:35:38

Might change my conditioner as well after reading all these posts

OreosOreosOreos Wed 23-Mar-16 07:15:50

I get mine at a pharmacy near me, but you can buy online too - there's a list of stockists on their website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now