Talk

Advanced search

Men's style?

(8 Posts)
ClutterofStarlings Mon 21-Mar-16 19:07:00

Don't know if anyone could help with this. DH has an interview in a couple of weeks. Dress code is shirt & trousers. Unfortunately all he currently wears is jeans & tshirt or kilt & shirt for smart.
He has a green shirt which I think might do, although might be a bit too washed.
Where should we shop for trousers, and what are middle aged men (45) wearing now? Budget not huge.
Would new merrell trainers be ok for feet? He does have some proper polish shoes (brown).
Be grateful for ideas smile

Seeyounearertime Mon 21-Mar-16 19:09:29

Primarni is probably a good bet.
Work stuff is relatively decent and cheap I'd imagine it'd be OK for interviews too.

Or supermarkets. Asda black trousers are pretty good and I think they sell shirt and tie combos.

sonlypuppyfat Mon 21-Mar-16 19:11:10

He's got a kilt! Oh wow have you got a picture

Stevie77 Mon 21-Mar-16 23:25:53

Will he also need to dress the same for work?

Yes, you need proper shoes. When you say brown do you mean a tan shade or brown-brown? If tan, buy navy trousers and a tan belt to match.

BaronessBomburst Mon 21-Mar-16 23:30:49

Can't he wear the kilt?
<swoons>

ClutterofStarlings Tue 22-Mar-16 07:31:13

Lol, no I don't think he could carry off the kilt for this one, although it does look good as an every day thing it's awfully warm, so won't help nervous sweats!
I will make him look at the shirts and shoes he already has and we'll see what might go, I hadn't thought of navy. Primark wouldn't have occurred to me either
Thanks for the ideas!

ClutterofStarlings Tue 22-Mar-16 07:32:17

Oh a photo I forgot wink

sonlypuppyfat Tue 22-Mar-16 08:40:18

That's Game of Thrones The Hound, are you cheating us!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now