Shirt dresses for big boobs

(12 Posts)
jobellinger Mon 21-Mar-16 15:58:58

I saw THIS picture of Myleen Klass looking utterly gorgeous in a shirt dress, and I've been looking for one ever since. The only problem is that I have big boobs (32FF) and can't for the life of me find one that fits without gaping!

I'm close to buying one and sewing it up at the buttons, but am worried it might look a bit tacky... any suggestions?

SpeakerOfTheHouse Mon 21-Mar-16 16:43:20

marks place..

SpeakerOfTheHouse Mon 21-Mar-16 16:45:05

this one is similar

SpeakerOfTheHouse Mon 21-Mar-16 16:48:14

this one too

MamaLazarou Mon 21-Mar-16 16:52:40

Could you sew poppers or hooks-and-eyes between the buttons to make it more secure?

Or there's this one, from St Bustier, which is designed for the bigger bust: www.saintbustier.com/rocky-red-dress.html

Rainshowers Mon 21-Mar-16 16:54:43

I too have big boobs and got one from Oasis last week which actually fits!
m.oasis-stores.com/textured-shirt-dress/dresses/oasis/fcp-product/5820019
Hopefully the link works, otherwise it's the one called textured shirt dress on the dress page (funnily enough!) in navy.

jobellinger Mon 21-Mar-16 17:25:40

Thanks ladies! The Oasis one looks really lovely. I must admit I do love that Saint Bustier one in black though... www.saintbustier.com/rocky-dress.html

TiredFashionLover Thu 14-Apr-16 12:48:46

I've been looking for a shirt dress for ages, I'm a 34GG and it's impossible to find one that doesn't gap! I have just ordered the black shirt dress from Saint Bustier & it arrived yesterday. OMG, it's amazing! I'm wearing it at work today and have received so many compliments. I think I have found the perfect shirt dress for us busty girls grin

amarmai Thu 14-Apr-16 13:18:48

i sew the plackets of blouses together at the gap spot!

Bodicea Thu 14-Apr-16 14:24:37

You need one without pockets on the front so you don't emphasis the bust x

banivani Thu 14-Apr-16 14:29:25

It is not possible. I'm not really that buxom for my frame but I've never found anything that fits shoulders, waist, hips AND boobs without gaping. Only possibility is buying a massive size and having it altered.

Jemimapuddleduk Thu 14-Apr-16 14:36:54

There is a denim one in pepper berry at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now