Talk

Advanced search

Tummy control swimsuit

(18 Posts)
PersisFord Mon 21-Mar-16 09:42:19

Hello.....fresh from my success with my tummy control pants I now need a swimming costume. Ideally one that I can wear swimming with the kids but also on the beach (although we are staying in the UK this year so will prob have a hoodie and jeans over it!!).

I'm 35, size 10-12, quite pear shaped and have a long body. I used to wear bikinis but will never ever show my awful tummy to anyone ever again grin so I need a one piece. Some boob support would be great but I'm not massive (D cup), just a bit saggy!!

I would prob spend up to £50 if it was lovely......

Thank you!!

candykane25 Mon 21-Mar-16 10:12:02

Ooooh! The only tummy control one I have is an M & Svone which is very squeeze. I find for me, of much boobage, I have to choose between tummy control and generic cup size or correct cup size but no tummy panel.

EdithWeston Mon 21-Mar-16 10:15:04

My standard recommendation for a sucky-in swimsuit is Landsend, because they do have an effect.

But they've shot up in price in the last couple of years, but it might be worth keeping an eye on their sale page.

JamieVardysParty Mon 21-Mar-16 10:54:47

Figleaves has some great ones for about £28-35.

I am tall and they also do longer length ones so should be fine if you have a longer body.

TeaMeBasil Mon 21-Mar-16 11:11:22

M&S have a great one in at the moment, bought it three weeks ago - am on holiday now & using it a lot, feel much more comfortable in it than the other one I brought. Am also pear shaped & a D cup. Good boob support despite not being underwired - been v pleased with it.

Was about £30-35 I think...

Buzzardbird Mon 21-Mar-16 12:53:02

I have nothing useful to contribute, only to say that if I were your size, I wouldn't be worrying about control wear. I wore a swim dress recently from Peacocks (I think) and it was very flattering, but you don't sound like you need anything covering.

WhatDat Mon 21-Mar-16 13:09:56

I agree with Buzzard though I do accept it's all about how we feel. I would like to read the control pants thread so I'm off to look for that grin

Dextyboo Mon 21-Mar-16 13:13:28

Asda have some really bargainous ones for £12 all with good reviews. I just bought one amalotbiggerthanyou and i felt pretty confident in it. I think the bum on them is quite big too which is good asivegottoomuchcellulite

PersisFord Mon 21-Mar-16 14:20:21

Thanks everyone!! I have lost quite a lot of weight but after a twin pregnancy and 2 caesareans I am really self conscious about my tummy - it's a confidence thing I think! No asda nearby but do they do online? And the M&S ones look lovely, does anyone have one with the moulded cups and are they ok or weird?

Lands end have a beautiful one but shock £100!!! Will keep looking though. And I didn't realise fog leaves did swimsuits, thought it was all bras, so will be off there in a minute

flowers once again, mumsnet has the answer!

Buzzardbird Mon 21-Mar-16 14:36:10

Oh yes, Asda do have some nice ones to order on-line. They have some lovely designs this year in control wear.

Dextyboo Mon 21-Mar-16 15:05:43

Yes i paid next day delivery as well as was so cheap. You cant tell by looking at them but they have a foam bust in which is surprisingly ok. Lots of lovely prints. Havent looked on next this year but they usually have lovely swimwear too.

Cakescakescakes Mon 21-Mar-16 15:38:09

I am almost identical size shape and age to you and I got a nice one from next. Tummy control, bit of subtle ruching and it looks great.

DianaT1969 Mon 21-Mar-16 17:19:40

This is a tummy control one by Pour Moi which I can confirm works for big boobs because of the knot separation on the bust panel and it is full of support in that area. I've got it in red and I'm 34G. I'd recommend you get a 12 if you are long in the body though. Have posted it here before because the red was so nice and on sale.
I know Pour Moi do D+ cup size suits with tummy control if you can shop around. They usually have adjustable straps and underwires too - which all helps keep them hoisted and not bad for under £40.

candykane25 Mon 21-Mar-16 17:23:09

I like the cut of that Pour Moi one.

PersisFord Tue 22-Mar-16 13:57:14

Right, have ordered that pour moi one, a next one and have a trip planned to retail park with big asda and M&s!! If nothing there suits me I don't deserve to go swimming!!!

Buzzardbird Tue 22-Mar-16 14:16:04

That is lovely.

user1466697572 Fri 01-Jul-16 15:59:22

Lucky for you the one piece is back in trend!
Here are some trendy shapes of swimsuits to sport this summer:
features.shopomo.com/clothing/womens-clothing/best-swimwear-summer-2016/

Hope this helps smile

Thefitfatty Fri 01-Jul-16 16:05:01

I'm exactly you. 35, sized 12, DCup, 2 c-sections and diastasis recti, long torso. Tried every control suit going and I honestly never found one that made me feel any better or hid anything but the stretch marks. Gone back to bikinis and I honestly think letting it all hang out (not to mention tanning my tum) has made my horrible stomach less obviously horrible

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now