Talk

Advanced search

"Sexy club style". Anyone up for a challenge?!

(3 Posts)
Allinafankle Sun 20-Mar-16 20:23:18

My dear dh has booked a surprise break for us to Croatia. I love the music of the Balkans and listen to a lot of the popular artists from there. He's bought tickets to see one of my favourites perform ... and this is where the problem is!
It's such s lovely thought but wtf do I wear? I'm a size 16 and early 40s. I really don't do dressy - I normally tend to look like an overgrown teenager in jeans and a hoody. But as the title says, the dress code is "sexy club style". I don't even know what that is! I don't want to look like mutton dressed as lamb, but equally I don't want to look like someone's brought their granny with them grin
To add to my problems I have a painful foot problem which means I can barely walk so heels of any description are a no-no, and I don't want too much skin on display as I have psoriasis.
I'm planning to wear black skinnies but that's as far as I've got.
Please lovely people, give me some help!

Feawen Sun 20-Mar-16 21:55:40

Fab surprise! Luck thing.

Would skinnies and a band t-shirt work, do you think? Not sexy club style as such, but rocking your music-loving credentials instead, which is what you're there for after all. Depending on the time of year and likely weather, maybe leather or coated skinnies. Not in peak season though, as I guess you'd roast.

Alternatively, especially if you're an hourglass 16, I bet you'd look amazing in a corset with a filmy blouse underneath. Sexy, without showing any skin.

Allinafankle Mon 21-Mar-16 20:05:07

Ooh thanks Feawen - couple of good ideas there. Yes it's a lovely surprise but he doesn't know how much stress he's causing me! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now