Style advice/tips for pear shapes that's not just "wear bootcut trousers/A-line skirts"

(4 Posts)
Lookdownthesofa Sun 20-Mar-16 18:35:48

I'm a pear shape (as I'm sure many of us are) and I really want to start dressing more stylishly.

I've worn bootcut jeans/trousers for most of my life and more recently straight legged jeans/jeggings with tunics. Skirts and dresses when I wear them are generally A-line.

Theoretically I've been getting it right all my life, but I want to shake things up and be that bit more stylish whilst suiting my body shape.

user1466697572 Fri 08-Jul-16 10:11:36

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Judydreamsofhorses Fri 08-Jul-16 11:31:14

I'm a 10 top and 12 bottom, quite a difference between waist and hips, and I wear a lot of high-waisted skinny jeans with tops tucked in. My favourites at the moment are All Saints Stilt - I bought a pair in the shop then tracked down more on eBay. For me the length of the top is key, so either tucked in or finishing on the waist, anything longer cuts me at my widest point. I wear a lot of dresses, but nothing shift style as they can make me look boxy, and I do like an a-line skirt/fitterd jumper combo with opaques and flats.

Judydreamsofhorses Fri 08-Jul-16 11:32:05

Oh, whoops, just realised this is an ancient thread. Sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now