36 weeks pregnant and an evening do to go to...

(12 Posts)
TwllBach Sat 19-Mar-16 22:53:38

I have a wedding evening do to go to at the end of March when I will be roughly 36 weeks pregnant. I already look like a whale and am loath to spend money on maternity wear this late on! Can anyone help?

I've attached a current picture to show how ungainly I am <sigh>

possum18 Sat 19-Mar-16 23:00:00

Your bump is lovely op! I'm having twins and looked like that from about 26 weeks shock I'm now 34 weeks and my maternity stuff doesn't even fit me now so I wear dh's t shirts!

I know what you mean about not wanting to buy maternity clothes now, how about looking online for knit stretchy dresses to wear and buying 1 size up? I've done this for a few events and it's worked well and can hopefully wear them after babies arrive too.

https://www.missguided.co.uk/sheer-vertical-stripe-knitted-dress-black

TwllBach Sun 20-Mar-16 07:18:52

<whispers> DPs tshirts are too small for me blush

I love that dress! Do you know... It's funny, I would never have the confidence to wear a dress like that before I was pregnant but now I quite like body con-y stuff. I look less like I'm wearing a tent in them... grin

TwllBach Sun 20-Mar-16 07:19:22

Congratulations on twins by the way flowers

possum18 Sun 20-Mar-16 09:30:51

Haha I'm lucky I guess that DH could do with loosing a few pounds so I can rob his wardrobe blush I'm the same about the bodycon stuff but it's been a cheap life saver the last few months for comfy easy stuff!

Good luck on the outfit hunt smile

Kirriemuir Sun 20-Mar-16 09:46:33

Could you pick up something on eBay and then sell it in again?

TwllBach Sun 20-Mar-16 13:38:15

It has crossed my mind kirrie but I am so clumsy! If there was food there I would drop it all down myself, I know I would because I stuff my face at any opportunity and all my maternity tops are stained

wonkylegs Sun 20-Mar-16 13:46:43

I'm currently 33 wks and have a huge bump, I'm going to a black tie do at 36wks and am wearing a stretchy black regular dress, although I feel huge it's mainly bump and huge boobs. Am going for plain black with fab shoes and jewellery.

Pinkcadillac Sun 20-Mar-16 15:35:12

how about an oversize dress:
www.cosstores.com/gb/Women/Dresses/Oversized_jersey_dress/46881-16082135.1#c-85356

Bellejournee Sun 20-Mar-16 16:38:24

I have a couple of maternity dresses from asos and I must say that I'll be wearing them after I've given birth too as they're not obviously maternity wear, some just have an elastic waist, which I'll cover with a chunky belt after I've given birth. Might be worth a look?

TwllBach Sun 20-Mar-16 23:10:35

Ooooh speaking of black dresses, I have one... Can I wear a black maxi dress to a wedding evening do? It's got sleeves and will show of my boobs while hiding my fugly cankles sad and then it's just my huge swollen balloon feet!!

PestilentialCat Mon 21-Mar-16 11:06:36

I think you could wear it - drape something bright & colourful to make it more weddingy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now