Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Maxi's and midi's

(7 Posts)
Orangeanddemons Sat 19-Mar-16 17:37:54

Why are maxi dresses still around?I know no one who wears them.

But I do know plenty of people who'd like a midi dress. However, despite the fact that they have been in fashion now for about 5 years, actually finding one is almost rarer than hens teeth.

So what is this conspiracy of the fashion industry to keep us all in awful mini dresses or trailing full length jobs.? Is it only me that would like a natural fibre midi dress with sleeves that's not t shirt material?

amarmai Sat 19-Mar-16 18:13:28

Cd shorten the maxi to a midi.

candykane25 Sat 19-Mar-16 18:16:47

I want petite maxis. Not trailing on ground or floaty, but winter wear long knitted dresses and skirts. They also don't not exist.

mowglik Sat 19-Mar-16 18:34:01

Midis seem to be everywhere when j go shopping! Where are you looking? River island has loads in, next, monsoon and Zara. Also midi skirts.

I do hope maxis don't go out of fashion though I love my collections of maxis

AuntieStella Sat 19-Mar-16 18:40:39

The trouble is that midi - which has for decades meant mid-calf - has been applied to knee-length for the last few months.

This is frigging confusing.

I would like to see more midi dresses. And I mean midi, not knee-length.

I have been waiting for the wheel of fashion to turn, because I've barely bought a skirt or dress in several years now.

It's only when you really like something that's nowhere to be found that you realise how rigid and limited British fashion retail is at the moment (am stockpiling skinniest and considering getting another biker jacket).

Awholelottanosy Sat 19-Mar-16 18:47:28

I think you have to dress what suits your shape and not worry too much about what's 'in'. I have big boobs and an limited in what I can wear and would rather look stylish and proportionate than fashionable, since high fashion seems to be created for stick thin 18 year olds not normal women!

Awholelottanosy Sat 19-Mar-16 18:48:17

And sorry to be a pedant but plurals don't have an apostrophe!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now