Talk

Advanced search

Dying hair & don't think I've got enough!

(5 Posts)
Youvegottobekidding Sat 19-Mar-16 16:06:02

I've just done my roots and judging by what's left in the bottle, I'm pretty sure I don't have enough to completely cover the rest of my hair! And I can't get to a shop!

What can I do?

Can I squirt the remaining hair dye into a bowl & mix with conditioner? Or will it bigger the colour up?

Sh!t ! I've usually been ok with one box of hair dye but I've been extra careful with my roots this time as I was always missing bits. I'm putting an ash brown colour on which is darker than the lighter reddy brown I had/have.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sat 19-Mar-16 16:15:30

I have this trouble. The amounts are pretty stingy.
Don't water it down with anything, try to distribute the dye on your roots down the hair shaft and spread the remaining dye through evenly. Work it gently through your hair without rubbing scalp.
I cut open the dye bottle at the end and you can get the last bit out so not wasting any.
Pile hair on head. The colour change is not too drastic so won't be noticeable.
Good luck!

Youvegottobekidding Sat 19-Mar-16 17:33:34

Thanks for your quick reply! I managed with what I had left, luckily there isn't a great difference in the result so no horror story to tell!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sat 19-Mar-16 17:57:00

Glad you avoided a catastrophe. [Smile]

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sat 19-Mar-16 17:57:37

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now