Talk

Advanced search

Liberty Uniqlo collaboration

(94 Posts)
indecisivedoctor Thu 17-Mar-16 23:35:59

So.. I can't sleep and remembered somehow that this was being launched at 11pm.. Next thing I know I am checking out a £250 basket shock much of which I'm sure will go back as duplicate items in different sizes/ prints etc..

Has anyone else had a look? Tell me if it's actually nice or if I've fallen for the hype of the late night "release"!!

thecatfromjapan Thu 17-Mar-16 23:45:50

I've found myself ordering too. Saw some items displayed in a window and they looked lovely. I suppose we'll see when they arrive. smile

What did you order?

CointreauVersial Thu 17-Mar-16 23:52:29

Ah, damn you, OP - I'm supposed to be on a spending ban!

Love the shirt dresses and the tote bags.

I'm impressed you got to £250, though.

faustina Fri 18-Mar-16 06:20:44

I also spent a fortune (don't think I managed to go over £200 though). I bought t-shirts, one of the shirt dresses, a pair of the cropped trousers and a tote bag. Half at least will be going back because Uniqlo's sizing is seriously unreliable

Can't believe it hasn't been more hyped in the press. It seems so much more wearable than many collaborations

SeaRabbit Fri 18-Mar-16 06:44:54

I ordered a couple of shirts this morning- the nicest shirt had sold out except in XS, so I've ordered that & crossed my fingers though I'm usually a S. May also pop into the new Oxford St shop this afternoon. The bags look nice, so will investigate

ihatethecold Fri 18-Mar-16 06:48:19

I've just taken a look as I do like the quality of uniqlo clothing but I'm not keen.
Maybe they look better in the store.
I do wish there were more stores around the country.

StrawberrytallCake Fri 18-Mar-16 07:02:23

The collection seemed very small - had some of the summer dresses sold out by this morn (not the bra included ones) or will they be released later? I love the children's tshirts and bought a few.

SlinkyVagabond Fri 18-Mar-16 07:10:00

Annoyed that the shirts are linen, would prefer proper tana lawn.

Igneococcus Fri 18-Mar-16 07:16:22

I just ordered one of the long bra dresses strawberry but in the time it took me to look through all the dresses, put it into the basket and find my credit card, it's gone from available, to sold out and back to available again. Order is now confirmed, so I hope it will get here. Maybe the bra-less ones sold out straight away.

herecomesthsun Fri 18-Mar-16 07:19:37

Thanks, got Tshirts for me and DD

StrawberrytallCake Fri 18-Mar-16 07:19:53

Are you shopping on the liberty site or uniqlo? I was on Liberty without realising there's loads more on uniqlo although possibly more stock on Liberty?

Igneococcus Fri 18-Mar-16 07:21:27

At the Uniqlo site, I didn't even realize that they would also be sold at the Liberty site.

LaurieFairyCake Fri 18-Mar-16 08:02:51

I've just bought a load of the tunics/dresses they only had Large left , only got one in anXL

Does anyone know anything about sizing in their tunics ? I'm an 18 but very busty (34J) so measure 44 inches round the outside

SeaRabbit Fri 18-Mar-16 08:27:24

Thanks for the tip about them being sold on Liberty site - I've ordered a dress that was nowhere on the Uniqlo site. Definitely heading to Oxford st later today.

Tootssweet Fri 18-Mar-16 08:33:35

Just ordered a few bits too! You should be on commission! I love Uniqlo - wish they had stores oop north too

indecisivedoctor Fri 18-Mar-16 08:36:36

Ooh thanks at least I feel validated now- I was feeling like the only one. Despite my great panic at rapidly filling my basket feeling it might sell out!

I got; slippers, tote bag, t shirt, tunic, shirt dress, down jacket AND gilet, I think that's it. I will be returning at least 50%..

Oh lord now I want to look at Liberty site too confused

BettyBi0 Fri 18-Mar-16 10:56:43

Damn I missed the shirt dresses - they look beautiful! Not keen on the cropped trousers though. They seem a really funny shape. Are they meant to be like PJs?

Got some lovely tshirts for DD, one for me and some slippers and £100 worth of other random purchases ugh!

fruitscone Fri 18-Mar-16 11:18:51

What is uniqlo sizing like? I am a 14 on top with small boobs - will the L fit me do you think?

ihatethecold Fri 18-Mar-16 11:27:23

I'm a size 12 with large boobs and i can wear a medium from uniqlo Betty

TheFlis12345 Fri 18-Mar-16 13:36:12

I have placed orders on both the Liberty and Uniqlo sites, about £250 altogether blush Quite a few bits are duplicate sizes as I don't know what will fit best, those will either go back or on Ebay (where half the collection is already listed at ridiculous prices).

1moreglassplease Fri 18-Mar-16 14:20:16

The new Oxford Street store opened this morning, so I went in at lunchtime to look at the Liberty stuff. T-shirts were lovely and some of the printed leggings were cute. Thought the dresses were a bit shapeless but the shirts are nice (if you can get away with the prints - which I probably wouldn't).

Betty - the shorts did indeed look like PJs so I wasn't very impressed with them either.

Slippers and other accessories were cute though. Store was heaving with people so made my escape.

starlight36 Fri 18-Mar-16 15:05:03

Thanks for the heads up on the Liberty site. I was disappointed to miss out in my size on the Uniqlo site but just got the Betsey red t-shirt and a Kimberley and Sarah hoodie in blue.

ontherightpath Fri 18-Mar-16 15:10:21

www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/174186

Just bought this dress instore at Kingston today. It's lovely! The material has some stretch to it and it hangs really nicely. Will be wearing it tomorrow with a short length, 3/4 sleeve navy cardigan.

Solasum Fri 18-Mar-16 15:32:47

I have spent lots of money on the back of this thread. Hope it all fits!

Igneococcus Fri 18-Mar-16 15:43:16

Didn't remember this earlier, Topcashback is doing 5% cash back for uniqlo at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now