Talk

Advanced search

Eye lift - have you or anyone you know had one? Happy with results?

(14 Posts)
FunnymalsOnPop Thu 17-Mar-16 22:24:26

My eyes have become so hooded, they practically disappear when I smile. When I'm tired it's much worse - It's genetic and becoming worse with age. So, I'm looking at all options to try to sort it out, and would be grateful for any advice or suggestions.

What have you found helpful? Massage? Creams? Surgery? (What I'm hoping someone will suggest is some new non-invasive, cheap and painless way to make my pretty green eyes come back out of the shadows - hey, I can dream, can't I?!)

CointreauVersial Thu 17-Mar-16 22:25:47

DM had one - very successful, delighted with result.

Ditto one of my friends.

FunnymalsOnPop Fri 18-Mar-16 13:08:50

Thanks Cointreau. Were they painful, expensive, or take long to heal? I'm leaning towards getting it done, just a little nervous.

CointreauVersial Fri 18-Mar-16 13:11:13

Not painful, apparently, and healed amazingly (invisibly) well. Couldn't tell you about price.

I know a MNer who had it done - I'll see if I can direct her to this thread.

KanyesVest Fri 18-Mar-16 20:41:12

My mum had it done in Sept, her top lids. Very subtle work, she's delighted and it makes her look much fresher/more awake. She was very sore for 1 day, tender for 2 more and fine after that. Once the steri strips came off after a week, the wounds were barely noticeable and the bruising was mostly gone. She's annoyed she didn't get her under eye bags done too! We're not in UK, so no help with prices I'm afraid.

RudyMentary Fri 18-Mar-16 22:41:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FunnymalsOnPop Sat 19-Mar-16 17:49:47

Thanks everyone. Rudy, how long ago did you have this done? Can I ask where you are? I'm in London.

RudyMentary Sun 20-Mar-16 09:30:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FunnymalsOnPop Thu 24-Mar-16 23:10:05

Thanks Rudy, I will.

burnishedsilver Fri 25-Mar-16 00:03:51

I had botox to lift hooded eyes. The result was noticeable but subtle. I was happy with it only it didn't last long - about 10 weeks.

Bambambini Fri 25-Mar-16 00:18:31

I've thought about this. My eyelids look so old for my age. I'm just really nervous it could go wrong. Read a story about a woman who cant ever close her eyes now.

Did see the strips advertised - might give them a go.

missmartha01 Fri 25-Mar-16 08:46:37

My DH is on a NHS waiting list to get his done. Heavy lids run in his family and his sister has already had hers done.
She had hers done privately as she was desperate to get it over with and is delighted with the result. Healing was amazingly quick.

FunnymalsOnPop Tue 29-Mar-16 12:13:42

Was private expensive MissMartha?

PollyPerky Tue 29-Mar-16 19:30:35

It sounds amazing but there are horror stories- as ever- about too much being taken off and lids never closing again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now