Talk

Advanced search

Bra help plz.

(14 Posts)
HermiioneSnape02 Thu 17-Mar-16 17:25:01

I have measured myself following the mumsnet guide.

Im a 34G.

I have been wearing Rosie for Autograph and a M&S bra called Rachel.

Both have been stopped. I can only find Rosie ones in smaller sizes.

I can't wear curvy Kate as they dig in under my armpits. Ditto for Asda and Tesco ones.

What other brands are good please?

antimatter Thu 17-Mar-16 17:33:00

I have been wearing Fantasie Elodie for nearly a decade
they have other types too
I buy mine in Debenhams so you may try it there
you could try 34 G or H form various brands, their sizes differ

If ck dig in you probably need a narrower wire. Have you tried cleo

Dungandbother Thu 17-Mar-16 22:01:26

I like Panache, expensive ones from Rigby & Peller and a new brand I found on Amazon called Vena.
But don't tell everyone. I think they are better than all the UK made bra's. Think they are Polish.
Curvy Kate, Freya, Fantasie and Bravissimo stuff doesn't fit me.

Wacoal do, they are now more widely available in Uk as trading with Fantasie & Freya. Their new tshirt bra is excellent. May not be big enough but worth a try.
http://www.leialingerie.com/wacoal/moulded/wa853281.aspx?colour=black
They are US sizes which don't translate very well to UK but I can wear their EEE cup and I'm a large F.

Wacoal is now part of the same group as Freya, Fantasie etc so that's why they're becoming more widespread.

For properly narrow roots then Polish bras are great - I practically live in Ewa Michalak and have a few Comexim too

HermiioneSnape02 Fri 18-Mar-16 10:19:58

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll have a look around as I would prefer to go and try on before I buy.

What make is a Cleo? StatisisticallyChallenged?

I do have a Freya one but it is approx. 10 years old - I'n not joking!! It fits perfect, but I think its because its so out of shape smile

Penguinepenguins Fri 18-Mar-16 10:24:30

Try M&S on line, you can pick up in store try and return the same day...

Autograph and Penelope cater for us smile

I'd be lost without M&S bras!! as a 36E (was a 36C then got pregnant - lost the baby very sadly but the boobs to DP delight have stayed - am terrified how massive they will get when we are successful again!)

Penguinepenguins Fri 18-Mar-16 10:28:07

Decided I might need some new bras just did a little M&S search and they do have Rosie 34G online smile limited stock grr but they do exist!

Some very pretty ones smile

HermiioneSnape02 Fri 18-Mar-16 10:28:35

I've tried pretty much every bra on in M&S Penguin, but there's nothing comfortable at all, I must have an odd shape chest or back, as they all dig in under my arms, or gape at the front where it should sit flat against my breast bone.

The ONLY bras that were comfortable and my boobs looked good in were the Rosie ones for Autograph and their own make called a "Rachel", which only came in black and white, and I bought both, with the white now a lovely shade of grey, (but I still wear it, as it's comfortable).

I have measured myself a few times using the Mumsnet guide and am definitely a 34G.

I am desperate for a t-shirt style bra, but can't find one to fit anywhere.

HermiioneSnape02 Fri 18-Mar-16 10:30:07

Penguin, they do have literally 3 I think?? But I have them. Plus I only like the ones with a little padding as it makes my cleavage look good and my boobs sit where they should.

And as I said I would like some prettier ones and some basic t-shirt style too.

Penguinepenguins Fri 18-Mar-16 10:34:56

What a shame sad was hoping this would help.

I struggle with tshirts bras too actually, nightmare! Found one a cup size larger in M&S sale it was only £5 didn't have time to try it on but thought worth a shot - wish I had purchased more now as there were three of them it is my favourite bra! But when I went back they had gone sad

bugsyburge Fri 18-Mar-16 10:35:10

Off topic but could you link to the sizing guide as I can't find it?

Many thanks

HermiioneSnape02 Fri 18-Mar-16 10:41:01

www.mumsnet.com/style-and-beauty/bra-guide

Cleo is a brand - part of the panache group. They do lots of bras, for narrow breasts the ones called Lily, Millie, Minnie (and others with the same cut, they have lots with the exact same shape) are good, and Marcie is also pretty decent.

Gaping at the front is because there isn't enough space in the front of the cup to accomodate your breast tissue. It can be because it's plain too small, but if you have narrow roots and centre fullness it's often that the space is just in the wrong place. Imagine the difference between a bowl and a glass that both hold the same amount of liquid - but one is tall and narrow and the other is wide and spread out. Bra cups are a bit like that - some project forward really quickly from the gore, whereas others go sideways and have more space at the outside of the cup.

Cleo tend to have more centre space and be narrower, Ewa and Comexim are too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now