what does one wear to court?

(6 Posts)
MyGastIsFlabbered Thu 17-Mar-16 14:08:18

I've got a preliminary divorce hearing next week, and I've got no idea what to wear. Obviously not jeans but apart from that I'm clueless!

whattodoforthebest2 Thu 17-Mar-16 14:18:44

I'd say go reasonably smart, and be comfortable. That's probably because I feel more confident if I'm dressed fairly smartly.

Good luck

TeaBelle Thu 17-Mar-16 14:21:14

I would suggest darker colours and as smart as you can. I generally wear dark trousers, pretty top and a dark jacket although not necessarily a full blown suit. Heels always give me a bit of confidence. Hair done neatly

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Thu 17-Mar-16 14:28:17

I happened to have been at Court on Tuesday (supporting a friend), and everybody was wearing black.

Men were wearing black suits. Women were wearing either black suits or black trousers/skirt with a smart blouse.

It was almost like a uniform smile.

Tiggeryoubastard Thu 17-Mar-16 14:37:17

Smart casual. It really doesn't matter as long as it's not anything with an offensive slogan, etc. Jeans are actually fine, though I probably wouldn't. many hours spent in courts in early years with HMPS

babybarrister Thu 17-Mar-16 15:56:27

clothes grin. It is all the lawyers who wear black - no-one cares what the punters wear as long as it is reasonably smart and you have had a shower .!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now