Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Harems/smart joggers

(61 Posts)
carrie74 Thu 17-Mar-16 12:58:24

So I haven't yet dipped my toe in this pool, but I quite fancy the idea. I work in a casual environment, so would like a pair that I can wear for long haul travel, the school run and also for work.

I've been looking at the Hush harems and joggers and would like to know opinions, or alternatives. Because I plan to be able to wear them outside of the house, I need the fabric to be decent quality, so am willing to pay a more than New Look prices if necessary.

homebythesea Thu 17-Mar-16 12:59:51

Doesmybumlook40 has been banging on about joggers in recent posts. Also Poppy's Style keen on that look

carrie74 Thu 17-Mar-16 14:59:05

Thanks Pool, I've decided to order a couple of pairs of Hush harems and joggers and see what they're like.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Thu 17-Mar-16 15:10:08

Haven't ordered them yet, but I might try these bamboo ones from Bam. There's a few other styles as well.

theladywiththelamp Thu 17-Mar-16 15:56:04

Ooh, I've been eyeing up the Hush ones...please report back with a review!

Laidupwithabrokenleg Thu 17-Mar-16 16:24:21

I've got the Amie joggers. The fabric is quite thin, and the sizing is massive. I've kept mine but hope they shrink a bit - just giving them a whiz round the tumble dryer now.

ShutUpLegs Thu 17-Mar-16 16:29:52

I want some too! I bought a pair of hybrid harem/joggers in a gorgeous heavy-weight tencel type fabric on holiday a few years back. Quite full round the hips, loose inthe leg with an elasticated cuff at the ankle - not to tight. Gorgeous. Like living in pyjamas, they were SO comfy.

I wore them to death and desperately want soemthing similar - I just can't find it.

ShutUpLegs Thu 17-Mar-16 16:39:48

These? Look a bit thin.

ShutUpLegs Thu 17-Mar-16 16:41:36

CLoser to what I want but I don't want jersey.

ZaraW Thu 17-Mar-16 16:41:47

The Hush harems do nothing for me I have Spiritual Gangster jogging bottoms it's a yoga brand they are good quality and flattering I've had mine over a year and they still look good.

Ughnotagain Thu 17-Mar-16 16:46:43

I got some from Next last summer just after I had DD. Two pairs. I'm wearing a pair right now. So comfy! I'm looking forward to the weather being warmer so I can get away with wearing them outside the house again.

BabyGanoush Thu 17-Mar-16 17:30:36

I like the Hush ones

They come up big! Size down. I ama 14 but Medium is almost too big (I know it's a loose fit!)

I love them

louloubelle2 Thu 17-Mar-16 18:07:46

I didn't like the Hush ones, they come up big and stretch more when worn and the foldover top doesn't keep it's shape over time. Mine don't stay up now. I also struggled with footwear with the baggy shape turning into a very long elasticated ankle cuff. I prefer a tapered leg with nothing at the bottom.

Sweaty Betty have a few styles which are good quality, they do quidco and occasional codes.

Interested to know of any other brands that are better quality than the high street, similar to Sweaty Betty.

I also think re quality that high cotton content is key. Hate a high modal or lyocell mix.

bimandbam Thu 17-Mar-16 18:15:38

I have a few pair of next ones. I have lived in them and they still look good and I bought them last summer.

Lotsofcamping Thu 17-Mar-16 19:51:53

I've ordered some Hush ones based on Kat's raving. They are due to be delivered soon and I am so hoping they work for me. Might have to look at some of the others mentioned

PrimalLass Thu 17-Mar-16 20:11:18

I got some nice ones ages ago in DPs for £5 per pair. I then forgot about them and have just rediscovered them.

PrimalLass Thu 17-Mar-16 20:14:09

Search for twill jogger on the DP website.

HalfStar Thu 17-Mar-16 21:01:28

The next ones are great. Planning to get at least one pair again this spring. So comfortable I couldn't not, even if they are not very cutting edge.

Corygal1 Thu 17-Mar-16 21:10:01

I am an arrant label snob & I recommend the Primark drop-crotch joggers. Bliss and indestructible. I don't think Hush lasts very well, certainly not in comparison.

Lotsofcamping Thu 17-Mar-16 21:17:28

Which Next ones would people recommend?

Expellibramus Thu 17-Mar-16 21:38:29

I like the Hush harems and Amie. Baukjen good too.

Ktay Thu 17-Mar-16 21:40:49

I look like a clown (even more so than usual) in the hush harems

HelloSunshine11 Fri 18-Mar-16 10:42:49

I like the hush ones but I find them very casual and agree with a PP that they do go baggy over time. One of my two pairs has faded a bit too. I have quite short legs and prefer the look of them if I fold the bottom cuff in half so it's shorter.

They are so comfortable though!

TheFairyCaravan Fri 18-Mar-16 15:34:42

these from Gap are lovely but mine are going back in exchange for the tall ones. The reviews did say they were short but I'm only 5'4 so I chanced it and they were just too short. I got the chambray ones, too.

The navy doesn't look at all washed out. I think they'll be my favourite Summer trousers,

LazySusan11 Fri 18-Mar-16 16:29:44

My Hush harems arrived today, they're going back. I'm 5ft 8 and they're too short I have no idea how to style them confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now