Talk

Advanced search

Does such a primer exist.......

(19 Posts)
Indecisivejo Thu 17-Mar-16 09:48:51

Fragrance free
Stops shine but not drying
Doesn't cause breakouts or irritate rosacea.
Any recs?

MrsGl0ss Thu 17-Mar-16 09:59:54

What's your budget? A purse friendly option you could look at is the Rimmel primer in the blue and white tube.

Indecisivejo Thu 17-Mar-16 11:36:28

Haven't really thought of a budget tbh I just want something that works and my skin likes. Rimmel products usually all contain fragrance?

Indecisivejo Thu 17-Mar-16 11:42:33

Just checked and the Rimmel one does indeed contain fragrance.

botemp Thu 17-Mar-16 11:56:40

The Laura Mercier primers are (synthetic) fragrance free. I've only ever tried the 'foundation primer' and it didn't break me out but that is no guarantee it'll be the same for you. Some do contain plant extracts if that's a trigger, beautypedia has a good overview here. Can't help on the rosacea front either but LM counter staff is always helpful and give out samples when asked.

Indecisivejo Thu 17-Mar-16 12:46:43

Thank you, only problem is I don't have a Laura mercier counter near me sad

gaggiagirl Thu 17-Mar-16 12:49:46

La Roche posay cicaplast accelerator. Lisa Eldridge uses it on reactive, sensitive, spot prone skins as a primer. Get it from www.escentual.com they often have a third off too. I have used it for years. Love it.

Cakescakescakes Thu 17-Mar-16 12:51:21

The smash box 'light' one is great. Much better texture than the original version. The 'light' one is fragrance free and great at keeping on top of shine. It is priced though but does last forever. I would be be without it now.

Cakescakescakes Thu 17-Mar-16 12:51:47

Wouldn't be without it

Indecisivejo Thu 17-Mar-16 14:16:35

Is the la Roche posay one only available from there? Boots do one called Cicaplast baume b5 is this different?
Will check out Smashbox one too thank you.

secretgirl Thu 17-Mar-16 16:21:45

I have Rosacea & I can tell you the Rimmel one on me destroyed my skin! I have a few of he bare minerals ones for everyday use that I alternate between. I have an inflow one aswell that i use in night out with their foundation. Love these.

secretgirl Thu 17-Mar-16 16:22:48

That should be inglot not inflow!!

IWannaHoldYourHand Thu 17-Mar-16 18:02:01

MUA do a water based one that's fragrance free.

RavioliOnToast Thu 17-Mar-16 23:06:11

Nivea for men sensitive post shave balm (the one with the green writing)

It's amazing.

WaxyBean Fri 18-Mar-16 05:49:43

I like the this works mask, moisturiser and primer in one. I can't see fragrance in the ingredients?

www.thisworks.com/in-transit-camera-close-up.html

laracroft2001 Fri 18-Mar-16 06:03:47

Not sure onbudget but you have to try Givenchy mr Matt primer. Amazing and does exactly what you are looking for. I don't have a counter near me but I get off Escentual

PurplePink Fri 18-Mar-16 06:36:44

I have rosacea and use Dermologica Skin Perfect Primer. I'm not sure it's fragrance free though - it is brilliant on my skin though.

mcdog Fri 18-Mar-16 06:50:12

Jane Irdele (sp?) is a mineral based make up company. I use their primer and have not had any bad reactions from it.

Indecisivejo Fri 18-Mar-16 07:03:50

Thanks everyone smile
Nivea and givenchy not fragrance free.
I would love to use the dermalogica one as I get on with their cleanser and moist but I can't afford that aswell sad used samples n loved it tho.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now