Talk

Advanced search

Anti-perspirant/deodorant recommendations please

(13 Posts)
Ponymagic Wed 16-Mar-16 21:26:34

Any recommendations for a spray which won't leave nasty white marks on my sweaters? Don't know whether the formula of Vaseline Intensive range has changed but it's leaving marks where it never did before.

Thanks

Tate15 Wed 16-Mar-16 22:18:13

Mitchum

rockhopper365 Thu 17-Mar-16 09:19:43

Sure Invisible.

Geeky moments to follow as I used to work in anti-perspirant development... In order to mask the white marks most of the APs have less of the active ingredient that reduces sweat (which is the white stuff) and its mixed with some other ingredients which help to mask the whiteness. They therefore don't work as well as regular APs on reducing sweat.

I'd therefore always go with the best brands if wanting reduced white marks so that you end up with something that both reduces white marks but also has the best active in so actually works on the sweat as well!

Roll-ons are supposed to be the best format to use, particularly as they don't leave white marks. Never could get on with them myself though - far too impatient to let it dry before getting dressed!

Indecisivejo Thu 17-Mar-16 09:56:06

100% dove invisible dry spray it's only one that works for me

JuxtapositionRecords Thu 17-Mar-16 10:12:47

Another vote for Mitchum - I use the unscented roll on and it never leaves marks

MamaAwayOnBusiness Thu 17-Mar-16 10:22:06

Would you consider a roll-on? I've been using the Dove one for years.

specialsubject Thu 17-Mar-16 12:35:32

by 'geeky' you mean 'science' ? That's useful information - I didn't know that it is the white stuff that is actually the sweat reducer. Therefore 'no white marks' means 'almost useless'.

if so, please say. MN does push the 'feminine to be ignorant' line but it isn't really the case!

Thingsthatmakeugoummmm Thu 17-Mar-16 13:29:13

Another vote for Mitchum

Topsyloulou Thu 17-Mar-16 20:24:10

Mitchum roll on here too. I also use rightguard aerosol for times I'm in a rush & never had any white marks & it works well. Tried the Nivea one recently as no rightguard in stock, it was the white & black can, it was rubbish. No white marks but definitely didn't do the job.

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 17-Mar-16 20:27:17

Mitchum here too, or actually the Lynx works pretty well, the proper deodorant, not the nasty teenaged boy type.

BoreOfWhabylon Thu 17-Mar-16 20:28:32

Mitchum roll on here too.

Leviticus Fri 18-Mar-16 09:46:03

I've got a Sanex clear stick one, which I bought because it was on offer but will definitely buy again. No marks on my clothes and armpits smell pretty good.

Ponymagic Tue 22-Mar-16 15:23:02

Oops .... I forgot to check for replies! Thank you! Am doing a Tesco order today so shall order a couple to try. Love the geeky explanation Rock!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now