What do you think about these sandals?

(129 Posts)
MamaAwayOnBusiness Wed 16-Mar-16 10:46:13

Been obsessing about these since I first saw them in the catalogue:

www.plumo.com/products/Lina-sandals.html

I need new sandals, and have a white canvas bag I could wear them with in the summer. I mostly wear dresses/skirts in the summer, and trousers and jeans when it's colder and for work (we have a pretty laid back work outfits rules, pretty much anything goes; apart from tracksuits I guess).

But are they really worth all this money - what do you think wise Mumsnetters?

SaliShoes Wed 16-Mar-16 10:54:20

Sorry but they are ghastly.
They are old lady sandals which if you are 80+ would be fine.

You can find similar styles but better quality imo at Clarks, John Lewis online, etc.

Am shocked at the feet of the model too. Look at her tatty toe nails and how the shoes are far too big for her.

Ella2016xxxc Wed 16-Mar-16 10:54:32

Hmmm I'm not keen myself but everyone has own taste.

SaliShoes Wed 16-Mar-16 10:56:39

Clarks flats
Also see Gabor and Geox.

WanderingTrolley1 Wed 16-Mar-16 10:59:41

I wouldn't, but if you like them that's all that matters.

Myrtlethetyrtle Wed 16-Mar-16 11:01:40

I love Plumo but I'm not keen on those. Why not check out & Other Stories. They have a bigger range at a fraction of the price.

MamaAwayOnBusiness Wed 16-Mar-16 11:12:22

SaliShoes haha yes I noticed too that the model is in need of some serious pedicure (and I never notice these things).

Thanks for talking sense into me everyone. When I say I'm obsessed with them I don't mean "in love" really, just that I'm torn whether to buy them or not (I-need-sandals anxiety)... I think I should hold my nerve, I won't be wearing sandals for another six weeks at least anyway.

Myrtle have Stories got summer shoes in already? Their stock still seemed very much boot-based when I last looked. Will check now, I love their stuff.

Fannyupcrutch Wed 16-Mar-16 11:13:07

That models toe nails are RANK! Did they drag a cloven hoofed hobo off the street to model themand not bother to shower them? shudders

ClinkyMonkey Wed 16-Mar-16 11:16:15

I think they're OK, not worth the money though. Am also aghast at the model's toenails. They look like mine (thickened by lovely fungal nail infection) and there is no way on this earth I would ever get a job modelling sandalsshock - at least it was never an option for me until now!

Barbie1 Wed 16-Mar-16 11:18:54

Op take a look here.

They are so comfortable and lots of celebs were them to they can't be too old lady ish ;)

salt water

champagneplanet Wed 16-Mar-16 11:21:10

Is it my eyes or do they look dirty?

MamaAwayOnBusiness Wed 16-Mar-16 11:24:29

Thanks Barbie1

The new sandals would actually replace a pair of saltwaters that I've been wearing for the last two summers, I just fancied a change (and also I find saltwater sizing weird, the ones that are the right length are too wide so don't look great with skirts, and the right width and just too short...) I keep looking...

OnlyLovers Wed 16-Mar-16 11:29:52

Are they way too big for her? I thought you were meant to have a bit of space at the ends of the shoe? confused

I quite like them, but I do love an ugly sandal.

bigTillyMint Wed 16-Mar-16 11:33:10

OMG, the toe nailsshock I can't believe that they put that photo up. They are trying to sell the sandals FFS!

Paulat2112 Wed 16-Mar-16 11:38:09

Those sandals are hideous! Please do not buy them -unless you are the same age as my gran!-

BunnyTyler Wed 16-Mar-16 11:49:34

They are awful.

And £140?! shockshock

Please don't buy them....

MamaAwayOnBusiness Wed 16-Mar-16 11:50:20

LOL I clearly don't have my granny-radar switched on...

OK what about these in yellow
www.yoox.com/uk/44779547TW/item#dept=women&sts=sr_women80&cod10=44779547TC&sizeId=

<ducks for cover>

BunnyTyler Wed 16-Mar-16 11:53:18

shockshockshockshock
I think you need a lie down tbh.

Do you feel ok?! grin

MamaAwayOnBusiness Wed 16-Mar-16 11:59:20

Really?! Are they that bad? Eeek!

PrimalLass Wed 16-Mar-16 12:03:26

I don't think they are hideous, but they are not worth £140.

DameXanaduBramble Wed 16-Mar-16 12:03:46

Sister Wendy wants her sandals back.

BunnyTyler Wed 16-Mar-16 12:04:58

They're awful!
The crossover strap is nice, but it's the sole shape - it's ugly.

Something with a chunkier sole looks good with dresses, skirts (any length) and also long & cropped jeans & trousers.

(Just my opinion, obvs - I'm no fashionista!)

This sort of shape sole is what I like (quite like this style too in the sand colour but far too pricey for me personally):

Ridiculously expensive sandals

oldlaundbooth Wed 16-Mar-16 12:06:09

The woman in the ad needs a pedicure.

Crusoe Wed 16-Mar-16 12:06:59

Sorry I don't like them. They look like the kind of sandals my mum made me wear as a child back in the 70's.

Judydreamsofhorses Wed 16-Mar-16 12:08:48

I think they're fine, OP, although very expensive for what they are - I have a similar pair from ASOS (and a pair of Saltwaters) myself. I love a bit of granny-chic. I do, however, agree that the models toe-nails are hideous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now