Talk

Advanced search

I need some super comfy not totally hideous trainers (converse type not sport)

(15 Posts)
WhatBloodyTimeDoYouCallThis Wed 16-Mar-16 06:52:04

Problem is I have wiiiiiide feet. Can't wear converse/superga.
Skechers fit fine but I find the memory foam ones make my feet turn in so although they are comfy aren't that great.

Any other suggestions?

SparklesandBangs Wed 16-Mar-16 07:05:51

Rocket Dog do ones similar to converse but are wider

SparklesandBangs Wed 16-Mar-16 07:07:46

[http://www.schuh.co.uk/womens/rocket-dog-jazzin-stripe-multi-flat-shoes/1370809970/]

Tanaqui Wed 16-Mar-16 07:11:34

Flip flop sneakers are wide but not as light as converse (fine with jeans but less good with anything above the ankle I think).

Tanaqui Wed 16-Mar-16 07:12:27

That's light to look at, not in weight- I vaguely recall converse are quite heavy!

WhatBloodyTimeDoYouCallThis Wed 16-Mar-16 07:26:18

Love the rocket dogs! Not sure how supportive they are though - have shite knees and physio says not to wear completely flat stuff (should have mentioned that, love converse etc but can't walk for miles in that sort of style) - I want these to be able to walk (to school and back, shopping etc)

Like the look of the fit flop but agree they will only work with jeans etc as are quite heavy/leather. I'm optimistically hoping we are heading into spring!

Sorry!! I'm drip feeding on a boring thread blush blush

EllenTheEgret Wed 16-Mar-16 09:02:54

I wear tigers.

Soles are pretty thin but not as bad as converse.

mimiasovitch Wed 16-Mar-16 19:49:33

I've had converse looky likeys from new look, which are wider and surprisingly comfy.

Toomanycats99 Wed 16-Mar-16 19:56:33

Rocket dog are definitely good for wide feet. Next do a lot of own brand converse style. Avoid Superdry ones the soles are waaaaayyyy too thin. I also love Skechers. The ones I found comfiest are the biker / hot ticket ones I think. They are just really comfy. Skechers Women's BikersáHot-Ticket Fashion Trainers 21159 Nttp Beige 7 UK www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006747A56/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_jPB6wb8SXQ83R

Dextyboo Wed 16-Mar-16 20:13:30

I know you said not sports shoes but i have these and they are super comfy and very light. I love wearing them.

On another note ugg boots are really comfy and they do lots of different styles of shoes maybe have something you would like.

leadrightfoot Wed 16-Mar-16 20:44:01

Skechers relaxed fit (wide) with memory foam (super comfy)

SparklesandBangs Thu 17-Mar-16 09:20:53

Just popping back to say that unfortunately Rocket Dogs are not very supportive, although better than converse slightly.
I have bad knees and can only wear mine if I am not going to be walking far, otherwise I wear Nike trainers.

Dextyboo Thu 17-Mar-16 11:53:49

www.footasylum.com/mobile/adidas-originals-womens-los-angeles-trainer-093355/?src=froogle&gclid=CLXUsazUx8sCFUHGGwodQM0MWA&gclsrc=aw.ds just realised i missed link off oops.

WhatBloodyTimeDoYouCallThis Thu 17-Mar-16 14:10:24

Thanks sparklesandbangs - I think it's the same with all the 'converse style' ones sad Sodding knees.

RaisinGirls Thu 17-Mar-16 14:13:57

What about vans? I wear them and similar to converse

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now