Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me a detangling conditioner (or something) for dd (6) straight hair

(14 Posts)
KatyS36 Mon 14-Mar-16 16:18:32

Hello,

Dd 6 has been growing her hair, it is now past her shoulders, but the tangles, especially in mornings, are terrible.

We have a tangle teaser, and I use the aussie leave in conditioner before brushing, but all ideas appreciated.

Thanks katy

AveEldon Mon 14-Mar-16 16:25:55

I use serum - usually a John Frieda one

Have you thought about plaiting it overnight?

Bounced Mon 14-Mar-16 16:29:16

Spray on Vosene detangling conditioner. Ignore annoying pink princess on the bottle. Works well in my 7yo's long, thick hair and doubles up as nit deterrent, too.

Quiero Mon 14-Mar-16 16:31:38

The Avon detangling spray is brilliant, and I second hair plaiting at bedtime.

TheMasterMurderedMargarita Mon 14-Mar-16 16:33:06

DD has very long fine hair but lots of it.
We tend to use any conditioner but it gets brushed out and plaited every night to make mornings more bearable. We only wash 2-3 times a week and in between also use vosese with tea tree spray detangler or some l'oreal detangler.
Tbh the plaiting has helped the most.

Bogburglar99 Mon 14-Mar-16 16:37:56

No More Knots detangling spray helps with my DD - long, fine and straight but very thick hair.

Haven't tried bedtime plaits with DD but might do so.

KatyS36 Mon 14-Mar-16 16:55:14

Thanks for the ideas everyone. Dd has been resistant to plaits, but I might try a bit harder to putsuade her after reading this.

Any other ideas welcome

Thanks
Katy

BernardlookImaprostituterobotf Mon 14-Mar-16 17:20:33

I used to get absolute rats nest knots in my long hair (as an adult who definitely brushed properly!) until I changed my pillow case. I swapped to a silky one and my hair stopped getting chewed overnight.
Plaiting worked, but I find it difficult to sleep on, and using a silky scarf when not on my pillow case.
I had sunk a King's ransom in ph balancing shampoos, conditioners, balms, leave ins, masques, protein treatments and brushes and while they all helped stop/repair damage from detangling and made my hair beautifully unknottable during the day it was the pillow cases that stopped my dreadful morning knots.
Mine aren't expensive or fancy (unlike my posh high thread count cotton ones I abandoned).
Might be worth a go.

Hrafnkel Mon 14-Mar-16 17:21:05

I was also going to suggest a silk pillowcase.

CoteDAzur Mon 14-Mar-16 17:22:35

Get a Tangle Teezer.

KatyS36 Mon 14-Mar-16 22:18:03

Thanks. Silk pillowcase makes a lot of sense, as it's the back that is the problem. Thanks for suggesting.

Katy

madmomma Tue 15-Mar-16 10:36:44

Tresemme heat defence spray. It makes a brilliant tangle spray

Indecisivejo Tue 15-Mar-16 11:43:55

Childs farm detangling spray is exactly what you are looking for and can be sprayed on to dry hair not just wet. It also contains tea tree oil so good to keep the nits away aswell as smelling fresh

Indecisivejo Tue 15-Mar-16 11:44:35

Meant to say you can get this from boots

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now