Talk

Advanced search

Flat black not too pointy ankle boots

(15 Posts)
JizzyStradlin Sun 13-Mar-16 18:59:06

My beloved current pair are giving up the ghost. The last reheeling hasn't worked and the inside's starting to be a bit fucked as well. Therefore, desperate times call for desperate measures. I had a brief look last weekend, took in Clarks and John Lewis and M and S, no real joy. Everything pointier than I'd like. Rubbed the smallest toes on my right foot (but not my left) a bit. Of course, all that was in the shops was the scrag end of the winter sales and no doubt I'll be able to get bugger all except sandals for the next six months.

Any ideas anyone?

Needs to be flat. Last pair were a bit Chelsea bootish but with quite a wide ankle, though mine are a bit scrawny. Should look good with black bootleg trousers, skinny jeans/jeggings plus tights and dresses. I walk probably a couple of miles on a working day, during my commute, so comfort is really important. Budget ideally £50ish but could go to £100.

lazybones77 Sun 13-Mar-16 19:01:07

Next have some nice boots.

JizzyStradlin Sun 13-Mar-16 19:22:50

Yeah I can see some likely candidates now. I hate getting shoes online, but am not going to get near shops for a week minimum and they'll have nothing in now anyway, I'm sure.

carrie74 Sun 13-Mar-16 19:32:20

Sam Edelman Pettys. I recommend them so much I should get commission!

HolgerDanske Sun 13-Mar-16 23:40:48

Timberland do nice Chelsea boots. Comfortable, durable, worth the price IMO.

ExasperatedAlmostAlways Sun 13-Mar-16 23:44:04

I just got the brown Chelsea boots I'm next a couple of weeks ago and they are soo comfy and don't rub my wide feet! They do them in black too. Top Shop also had a nice pair and joules but they were 120 quid!!

JaceLancs Mon 14-Mar-16 00:56:35

Kurt Geiger spitfire

ItGoesWithoutSaying Mon 14-Mar-16 09:09:16

Vagabond do good quality ankle boots that I find v comfy. Some are flat, some with a chunky heel. None are pointy.

JizzyStradlin Mon 14-Mar-16 09:20:50

Thanks all. I really liked the Kurt Geiger ones but unfortunately not available in my size. Same with Kenvova. Have ordered Next, for quickness, but will check out the others if they're no good. It's hard because I don't actually have wide feet, they're quite narrow if anything. Except for my two smallest toes on my right foot, apparently!

PathOfLeastResitance Mon 14-Mar-16 10:10:03

Look at the boots from Shoe Embassy. I have a few pairs of the boots and shoes. I've found them very comfortable.

IsItMeOr Mon 14-Mar-16 10:14:08

I have these. I hate shoes which squish my feet!

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Mon 14-Mar-16 10:44:31

I have had these from & Other Stories for a few months and love them, a friend even bought them as well after seeing me in them! They're really comfy and flattering and not particularly wide.

CardiffUniversityNetballTeam Mon 14-Mar-16 10:48:50

I have a pair of Steve Madden November boots and I am hopelessly in love with them.

leedy Mon 14-Mar-16 11:34:54

Camper ankle boots are generally not too pointy, eg: www.camper.com/en_GB/women/shoes/bowie/camper-bowie-46763-025

JizzyStradlin Mon 14-Mar-16 17:08:57

Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now