Talk

Advanced search

Wedding vow renewal dress

(19 Posts)
Nobodyspecialanymore Sun 13-Mar-16 18:28:30

I'm 40, a us 8 to 10. Pear shape. No strapless or halter neck.
I didn't do a DRESS last time, kinda want to look pretty this time.
Venue is either going to be vegas again, or a local church.
Budget...low as possible.
I'm not into smart, suits, or white.
I love this
http://us.asos.com/Needle-Thread-Foliage-Cluster-Tulle-Maxi-Dress/199mdk/?iid=5930088&mporgp=L05lZWRsZS1UaHJlYWQvTmVlZGxlLVRocmVhZC1Gb2xpYWdlLUNsdXN0ZXItVHVsbGUtTWF4aS1EcmVzcy9Qcm9kLw..&CTARef=Recently%20Viewed&CTARef=Recently%20Viewed&CTARef=Recently%20Viewed&CTARef=Recently%20Viewed&CTARef=Recently%20Viewed&CTARef=Recently%20Viewed

But...I think it's too young..
Any ideas?

Laska5772 Sun 13-Mar-16 19:06:42

too expensive?

another cheaper

really low! on ebay!

Nobodyspecialanymore Sun 13-Mar-16 19:23:35

While I love the idea of a rockabilly swing dress and a cute veil/facinator 50s thing, but my legs are all scarred, veiny and unattractive, so ankle or maxi length.
Thank you for helping! [Grin]
Part of me wants a Cinderella ballgown, or one of those feathery meringue confections like on say yes to the dress, but at 40, and for a renewal, it seems a little cheesy.
Dh is insisting on wearing a ramones t and black jeans/boots like first time around. So, the big dress is out I guess.

LizzieMacQueen Sun 13-Mar-16 19:27:07

Does it have to be something you can get easily in the States?

Nobodyspecialanymore Sun 13-Mar-16 19:32:26

Realistically, it will be an internet order job, unless it's Wal-Mart. We are a long way from shopping! So, that doesn't matter as long as they ship here.

Laska5772 Sun 13-Mar-16 19:41:37

so think .. a punk wedding dress? Vivienne westwood? . or something Kate bush flowy with black leather jacket over?

LizzieMacQueen Sun 13-Mar-16 19:42:43

Jacques Vert have this

link
but on this website is EU or UK delivery only. If you like it I'll see if I can find it available for US delivery.

allegretto Sun 13-Mar-16 19:48:48

I think the asos one is lovely and not too young!

Nobodyspecialanymore Sun 13-Mar-16 19:55:26

Lizzie, ild love that dress if it was a bright warm colored skirt. I don't really want any grey tones.
Oh yes, if you can come up with something punk, or even kate bush to go with my leather I think he would love it! As long as I don't look too mutton..
The needle and thread one is so pretty, but very girly, no? My 13 year old was cooing over it, which is generally not a good sign.
I'd love to look good! And I didn't get a veil last time.
I'm about this close to getting dress burn out.
We are getting tattoo wedding rings done, if that helps..

SwearyGodmother Sun 13-Mar-16 19:56:14

Have you looked at Asos Bridal - I particularly love this one

Nobodyspecialanymore Sun 13-Mar-16 20:07:34

My hips are too wide to do a sheath dress, but thanks sweary. Ive been looking on asos.
I like the rockabilly look if I could hide my legs.

Stellar67 Sun 13-Mar-16 20:07:41

http://www.little-mistress.com/clothing-c9/cherry-embellished-pleat-detail-maxi-dress-p4573

http://www.little-mistress.com/dresses-c101/maxi-dresses-c105/heavily-embellished-cream-and-gold-maxi-p3649

Not sure if either of those suit but what a great idea. :-)

Nobodyspecialanymore Sun 13-Mar-16 20:10:48

Oh! I'm going to order the cherry heart one to try on! That could be great! Thank you!star

tethersend Sun 13-Mar-16 20:57:04

How about something like this with a silk top and leather jacket?

tethersend Sun 13-Mar-16 21:25:55

Or a sequin top... this or this for example.

Nobodyspecialanymore Sun 13-Mar-16 21:27:30

That would look sweet. I think ill have to try on a rockabilly swing dress just to discount it.
Thank you for helping!

Nobodyspecialanymore Mon 14-Mar-16 03:40:50

www.davidsbridal.com/Product_tank-tulle-a-line-wedding-dress-with-lace-details-kp3676_wedding-dresses-all-wedding-dresses#close

I just bought it!

herethereandeverywhere Mon 14-Mar-16 10:40:04

Looks like you found something but thought I'd post anyway. I love this and would buy one myself but I can't think of an occasion I'd ever wear it (renewed my vows last year!)

outnet

Nobodyspecialanymore Mon 14-Mar-16 18:11:32

Oh pretty! Love the color! Mine was sale, no returns, so I'm going to have to make it work!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now