Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bra intervention - help needed on brands/styles

(16 Posts)
rockhopper365 Sun 13-Mar-16 15:02:26

I'm 9 weeks pregnant and realised none of my bras really fit. After some web research I came across some old bra intervention threads which have been a real education for me! I went to my nearest Bravissimo (which sadly was not very near) for a fitting and was fitted at a 32DD/32E. I came away with the black satine bra in 32E which has been really comfortable, if a little boring as I usually like to wear nice pretty lingerie and haven't worn plain bras for years. Problem is I can't survive on just one bra and am struggling to find others to fit.

I love balcony and half cup styles and the shape they give, but in the larger cup sizes (had been wearing 34C before) I find the gores are too wide or high a lot of the time. I have very close set but widish boobs but don't want to be stuck with just plain plunge bras.

Any advice on brands/styles I could try? I don't want moulded (always seem to be the wrong shape for me and not great when everything is currently very tender) but do want a little padding.

hollinhurst84 Sun 13-Mar-16 15:14:47

IIRC the satine comes in different patterns
Have a look at brastop
Curvy Kate does some nice stuff, flirtelle, oh Freya deco too!

hollinhurst84 Sun 13-Mar-16 15:15:21

Ah Freya deco is moulded

hollinhurst84 Sun 13-Mar-16 15:16:39

Here you go. I put 32E in so it should link to everything available in that size
http://www.brastop.com/32E-bras-lingerie-swimwear

rockhopper365 Sun 13-Mar-16 15:23:23

Thanks for the link and suggestions! There are some nice styles on there. Problem I'm having is then working out which ones are going to work best for close set boobs - are there any brands which are good for my shape or typically come up with lower/closer together gores? I tried the Freya Patsy bra as I loved the style, but even though it's half cup the gores are touching my breasts and get really sore after a while sad

hollinhurst84 Sun 13-Mar-16 15:29:38

Try this. Scroll down to find your shape, click show bras and it links to real people showing bras that fit that shape
http://www.bratabase.com/help/shapes/

hollinhurst84 Sun 13-Mar-16 15:33:40

I checked out the close set boobs link on there
Curvy Kate tease me seems to be a popular one, and Cleo gets mentioned a lot

rockhopper365 Sun 13-Mar-16 16:57:03

Thanks - looking at that list the only ones not discontinued are the tease me and some cleo styles, but at least it's somewhere to start!

The Satine comes in various patterns too, and I'd also try some of the other Bravissimo branded plunges as a start point here

When you are close set balconettes are difficult as you tend to fall in towards the middle of them. I'm super close set and I get away with Cleo ones because the central gore is tall enough to stop the inward collapse. Marcie is good, as are Lottie, Minnie and Kira. They're current season styles, older versions which will still be around on various sites are Minnie, Millie, Mollie, Melissa, Zia, Bella I think and various others.

Curvy Kate do some plunges too, and you might find Freya Deco works.

P.S. long term, the best brands for close set are the Polish ones but most of them require overseas ordering. Ewa Michalak is my favourite but there is also Comexim and Kris Line. Kris Line is available on Brastop so you could try them now, you might need to size up as they run snug.

rockhopper365 Mon 14-Mar-16 19:51:54

Thanks for the advice! flowers

Will take a look at those brands and try a few to see how I get on. I guess I may or may not be able to get away with balconettes - I'm beginning to suspect the ones I have were only not causing soreness issues on the gore as they were too small in the cup!

How do the sizes compare for these brands? Are they approx the same or do some come up bigger/smaller than others?

Whycantweallgetalong Mon 14-Mar-16 19:56:07

Get thee down to Ann Sumers! They doing their clearance right now and the bras I can testify are gorgeous, and in all sizes too.

rockhopper365 Mon 14-Mar-16 20:06:22

I did have some lingerie from there years ago, I remember that had some really nice stuff. Being pregnant I'm now looking more for comfort that glam or sexy though - feel like I might be laughed out of the shop if I went in with that as my requirement!

Whycantweallgetalong Tue 15-Mar-16 22:11:43

Thats what i thought as well, i thought it'll only be sexy/kinky stuff, but no I I was wrong. Its definitely worth a visit.

Whycantweallgetalong Tue 15-Mar-16 22:16:53

Have you tried sports bras OP? try Sloggi bras, they have some great comfort bras. they sell them in John Lewis but also some on TKMAXX.

mimiasovitch Tue 15-Mar-16 22:23:32

My boobs are really close set and I adore the panache jasmine. Until I tried it I only wore the deco. The wires are higher than you may like, but I find that as they are narrow its ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now