Talk

Advanced search

Pinafore for the over 30

(7 Posts)
Whataboutnodetox Sun 13-Mar-16 09:17:46

I'm 33, a size 12, 5ft 2 and I have a toddler and a baby. I have seen pinafore dresses around and want some advice please! This time of year I have to wear tights with it, what shoes? What about when the weather warms up? I can't wear heels for physical reasons. Any recommendations for where to look?

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 13-Mar-16 14:53:31

There was a thread about denim pinafores a few weeks ago if you scroll back. I am a bit taller than you - 5ft 6 - and have one from Topshop and one from ASOS, but both from the "tall" sections because they come up short. I wear a blouse underneath and opaques/flat Chelsea boots. I think brogues or trainers would look great too. Mine are too short to wear with no tights but if they were a bit longer then flat sandals or Converse-type shoes would look lovely with bare legs, maybe a stripy t-shirt.

pinkskyinthecity Sun 13-Mar-16 15:56:15

Bought the Dorothy Perkins one for £22 (Petite range) when it had a 20% offer (sorry, can't do a link) and it's perfect. I'm 5'0 and it fits really well. Like the above poster, mine comes up at thigh level, so it isn't suitable wearing without tights at my age (40s). I wear mine with my grey tights and tan lace-up boots, and grey/faun/any subdued colour top. If you got fab legs unlike mine, then I would go with baring them and wear them with trainers when the weather's warmer.

Whataboutnodetox Sun 13-Mar-16 16:14:26

I did try and scroll but obviously not far enough! I think I may brave it. They look quite comfortable for hanging out in the park with or smarter for shopping / other activities I no longer do..

ItGoesWithoutSaying Sun 13-Mar-16 18:12:31

I remember the threads. I have a New Look one. Wear it lots. It's short but not knicker-flashing short. Mid 40s, 5'5". Wearing with tights. May risk legs when it's warmer.

Whataboutnodetox Sun 13-Mar-16 18:28:51

I'm so out of touch obviously, I haven't been in new look since I was a teenager! I'll try an advanced search for the threads as I'm having no luck, the board just moves so fast!

IWannaHoldYourHand Sun 13-Mar-16 20:56:19

I have a primark denim one, that's a bit baggy up top. I also have a forever 21 black one from e bay that has a very short front.

I mainly wear them with jumpers or shirts, tights and brogues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now