Talk

Advanced search

Stomach separation - what works?

(14 Posts)
Disabrie22 Sat 12-Mar-16 08:03:43

Has anyone experienced a stomach separation and had success in mending it?

Pupsiecola Sat 12-Mar-16 18:29:06

I haven't, but how about Pilates? Some places have physios running the classes...

phequer Sat 12-Mar-16 18:33:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

olympicsrock Sat 12-Mar-16 18:45:24

Have a look at the tummy tribe website. There is a brilliant technique called the tupler technique which they teach. My friend had twins with a big separation afterwards and had a brilliant success with tummy tribe physio it completely closed.

hugoagogo Sat 12-Mar-16 19:50:50

Pilates worth a try; a friend of mine had really bad separation and is seeing some improvement- quite a long slow process though.

Malermalergoni Sat 12-Mar-16 19:57:15

I had great (though unintentional) results from daily uphill speedy cycle riding. Remarkably, not only did the gap bond back, it looked better after my third baby than my first. It was intense,up out of the saddle type riding. Technical term evades me- I was only on the school run smile

FrustratedFrugal Sat 12-Mar-16 19:57:25

Tupler boiled down: pull your navel toward your spine throughout the day.

Rosenwyn Sat 12-Mar-16 21:40:33

There are exercises you can do but it might be better to see a physio rather than doing it all yourself as there is risk of making it worse. I was seeing a physio after DC1, the exercise she gave me was to lie on my back, contract my pelvic floor and lift my head a little (but nowhere near a sit up, sit ups can make it worse). After dC2 I have it again, this time I am doing a post natal Pilates class - basically the drawing in the naval stuff, but helps to do it with a physio so you know you are doing it properly.

VimFuego101 Sat 12-Mar-16 21:41:20

Mutu.

Disabrie22 Sun 13-Mar-16 01:28:25

Thanks everyone - have a holiday in Italy looming and would really like to improve it before I go

madmomma Sun 13-Mar-16 08:27:33

Mutu took mine from 6cm down to 1cm. And it's easy. My physio was so impressed. Worth the outlay.

GiraffesAndButterflies Sun 13-Mar-16 08:46:41

Marking place. Those saying "physio", did you get referred on the NHS, or go private, or was that part of the Pilates class(?) or what?

ShowOfHands Sun 13-Mar-16 08:49:55

I did the tupler technique. I just bought the book 2nd hand and used that. It was astonishingly effective. Don't embark on exercise classes without advice. Many exercises make it worse.

madmomma Sun 13-Mar-16 15:03:30

Giraffes I was seeing an nhs physio for pelvic floor issues. She also looked at my diastasis but by the time I showed it her it had all but closed. It was a private physio who I'd seen initially, as part of osteopathic treatment for spd. Sorry, confusing. God childbirth is such a bitch!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now