Dressing for a Fashiony Wedding in Portugal

(6 Posts)
Zorion Fri 11-Mar-16 09:24:01

I'm going to a wedding in Portugal in the summer, bride works in the fashion industry and is generally very stylish in an edgy way. I know Spanish weddings are totally OTT, but French weddings (I have learned thanks to MN!) are very laid back... what about Portuguese ones?

I have this dress from Halston Heritage but it is OLD..
Also have this whistles dress, and like this one which I could get with the Grazia code but its still expensive...

I have nude court shoes, black and red Boden Lille heel things (lace up ghillies) and a navy and mustard pair. I'm an Autumn colour wise, size 12, pear shaped but still busty. I've totally lost all sense of what works for me since going up a dress size/changing from hourglass to pear since having my DS.

I will have aforementioned toddler DS with me (his outfit sorted lovely ye olde Prince George look!!) so can't be too delicate. Thanks!

LaCerbiatta Fri 11-Mar-16 11:40:26

Portuguese here smile. Weddings in Portugal are definitely more casual than in Spain, no hats or fascinators and a lot more relaxed about rules like no black or no white.

A nice dress like any of the ones you linked to will be absolutely fine.

I'll find you some links to pics of posh weddings there so you get an idea.

LaCerbiatta Fri 11-Mar-16 11:47:17

link 1

LaCerbiatta Fri 11-Mar-16 11:50:33

link 2

LaCerbiatta Fri 11-Mar-16 11:53:00

link 3

LaCerbiatta Fri 11-Mar-16 11:53:56

Disclaimer - these are probably more celebrity than trendy! ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now