Talk

Advanced search

Wedding guest dress help please

(9 Posts)
MrsPnut Fri 11-Mar-16 08:32:43

This is a plea for help from my work colleague. She is going to a wedding at the end of May and is in search of a dress.
She did think that she had found the perfect one, fitted beautifully and she loved it until she realised that the darts on the front made her look like she was wearing Madonna's JPG cone bra.
This is the cone bra dress and she would love to find something similar with less pointy bits.

She is a size 12, average height and would like sleeves and knee length please.

burnishedsilver Fri 11-Mar-16 12:52:20

If she loves the dress perhaps the best thing would be to have it altered slightly to soften the line of the bust.

burnishedsilver Fri 11-Mar-16 12:54:47

I just realised that the dress is Coast. Coast dresses are a bit inconsistant. If she trys 3 in the same size I bet one will fit better than the others.

MrsPnut Fri 11-Mar-16 16:05:32

Thanks, she did try it with a few different bras and I did suggest some alterations but as the dress is quite expensive, she'd rather look for an alternative.

MrsPnut Sun 13-Mar-16 13:04:53

Just bumping to see if anyone has any dress recommendations today.

bookishandblondish Sun 13-Mar-16 13:41:53

Whistles have something similar and I think LK Bennett do as well

Laidupwithabrokenleg Sun 13-Mar-16 13:45:43

I like this one from Ted Baker, but it's almost twice the price so alterations might not be such an expensive option! www.tedbaker.com/uk/Womens/Clothing/Dresses/CARSYN-Ethereal-Posie-midi-dress-Nude-Pink/p/128375-57-NUDE-PINK

tethersend Sun 13-Mar-16 13:52:33

pepperberry

tethersend Sun 13-Mar-16 14:37:25

skirt could be worn with any top.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now