Talk

Advanced search

Ionic ... Ceramic .... Who knew choosing a hairdryer could cause such angst! Which Parlux or ...

(21 Posts)
Ponymagic Thu 10-Mar-16 22:13:16

I started a thread the other day, got recommendations, narrowed it down to GHD Air or Diva Veloce 3800 and then I started reading the blurb .... big mistake! Ionic, ceramic, tourmaline ...

I have fine hair - short atm and I get flyaway, frizzy ends. Do I need a Parlux? I've read more good reviews than bad, some say good for fine hair whilst others say they fry it. Help - please!

Which Parlux - or the GHD?

Really want to order tonight and be done with it! Thanks.

CockwombleJeff Thu 10-Mar-16 22:20:58

Parlux !

Ponymagic Thu 10-Mar-16 22:24:12

Which model would you recommend CockwombleJeff? I've read all the hairdryer threads posted over the last 9 months (there are many!) - many say to get a 'professional' dryer but the Parlux dryers tagged as 'professional' don't have ceramic/ionic technology and it looks like that's the way to go.

dragonsarebest Fri 11-Mar-16 08:14:01

Never tried a parlux or ghd but I recently plumped for the veloce and I really like it. My hair (fine, Bob length, prone to frizz and flyways) definitely feels in better condition and has behaved better since I started using it. I'm very impressed.

Twgtwf Fri 11-Mar-16 08:16:29

<<shares hairdryer angst>>
<<shamelessly marks place>>

Ponymagic Fri 11-Mar-16 08:28:16

Interesting dragon ... I was re-thinking the Veloce last night .... I think it has more than 2 heat settings, doesn't it? Parlux and GHD only have two afaik yet my DC will often need the coolest on my dryer which is dying a little more with each passing day!

dragonsarebest Fri 11-Mar-16 08:39:35

Yes, I got quite confused by all the different specs tbh but the veloce has cold/hot/hotter on one of the slider switches, plus a separate cold shot button (honestly not sure of the point of that - it doesn't seem colder than the slider but is more effort). The cold setting is properly cold too. I bought it from amazon for about £40, on the basis that if it wasn't great I could return it, but happily that hasn't been necessary.

Liveinthepresent Fri 11-Mar-16 09:36:09

Hello ponymagic I just have to come crashing in to say I love love love my Parlux !

Was coveting one for ages so when my 15 year old drier finally imploded ( quite dramatically!) I took the plunge and got this -
www.parlux.co.uk/parlux-385-powerlight.html

it has made such a difference - I wasn't sure it would life up to hype.
It is way quicker, quiet enough to talk over (I use tote silencer) and I have so much more control. I genuinely feel like it's like a salon blow dry even with my limited skills!

I told my hairdresser I had bought it and he said in his opinion it's the best on the market -he tried GHD when the salon were promoting them but soon reverted. Not sure what he didn't like about GHD but he did mention he found it heavier.

MissSmiley Fri 11-Mar-16 09:37:46

Parlux! You'll never look back.

Liveinthepresent Fri 11-Mar-16 09:39:07

Oh and re the heat - my old dryer used to get really hot , too hot - I think it was all heat and no power .. Not sure that makes sense but my 2 year old used to flee from the room when I dried my hair and now sits on my lap asking me to blow it on him.
Don't think you would be in need of more settings.

thatthreadworriedmeabit Fri 11-Mar-16 09:39:18

I love my parlux but I only bought it for speed - gets me ready quicker!

Ponymagic Sat 12-Mar-16 20:44:19

Okay, decision made. I'm going for Parlux. Is the 385 Lite the one to buy or one of the other models?

Thanls

Ponymagic Sat 12-Mar-16 20:56:13

I should have said, thank you for the recommendations!

Pancakeflipper Sat 12-Mar-16 21:01:36

I bought a Parlux because I am easily influenced and read about them on here.

I love it. I have thick dry wavy hair and used to have to spend ages drying it - takes a few mins now and if I put my oil stuff on my hair - I get shiny hair!!!! I have no Parlux regrets.

Ponymagic Sat 12-Mar-16 21:08:50

Which model Pancake? Am tossing up between the 385 PowerLite and the 3800 Eco Ionic. Both around the same price, similar wattage and similar airflow.

mrssmith79 Sat 12-Mar-16 21:10:52

I've got the 3800 Eco and love it. Not that that helps you much.

Ponymagic Sat 12-Mar-16 21:31:02

grin

I'm over-thinking this ... I just need to order!

chumbler Sat 12-Mar-16 21:34:57

I have eco and love it

*looks forward to trying hair oil before blow drying tomorrow... grin

Ponymagic Tue 22-Mar-16 15:27:44

I got the Parlux 385 Powerlight and love it! Thanks for the recommendations!

Pancakeflipper Tue 22-Mar-16 18:55:26

Is your hair looking fab?

Ponymagic Tue 22-Mar-16 21:09:46

Hmm well not quite as though I've walked out of the hairdressers but so much smoother and with volume at the roots. Think I need a 'product' to smooth the tiny flyaway/sticky out ends that pop up as the day progresses! Actually, I need my hit cut now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now