Talk

Advanced search

Budget mascaras under £10 please

(25 Posts)
PollyPerky Thu 10-Mar-16 11:30:11

I use Lancome Hypnose but am getting a bit tired of spending £22 every 3 months.
I have short, stubby and fair lashes. I apply around 4 coats daily. I don't want anything fancy, just volume, length and not hard and spiky.

I've tried Maybelline the Falsies which is ok but a bit brittle. I've tried Max Factor master lash and it didn't do anything. I have samples of Clinique something or other and find it flakes off over the day.

Tell me about L'oreal and maybe Rimmel or Bourjois.

FlorenceandMary Thu 10-Mar-16 11:36:15

L'Oreal Superstar Mascara is amazing, it's the double ended one with a primer. I felt like I was wearing false eyelashes it's so good.

PollyPerky Thu 10-Mar-16 11:48:01

Thanks.

maybe I should have said under £20! I don't mind paying say £10-£15 but £20+ is a bit steep considering how much I use.

Whitetulipofpeace Thu 10-Mar-16 11:50:03

Seventeen HD is one of the best ones I've used.

FlorenceandMary Thu 10-Mar-16 12:08:20

High street mascaras seem to be creeping up to as expensive as high end these days! I've used Dolled Up Mascara from Seventeen and was impressed, NYX Propeller Lash is good too.

HairsprayQueen Thu 10-Mar-16 12:47:31

I've just this week gone back to bog standard Maybeline Great Lash and I'm loving it- especially the short brush and I've just stroked my lashes and they are quite soft.

I never remember liking it before so god knows why I bought it really but it's going well this time round!

ChablisLover Thu 10-Mar-16 12:50:52

i started using great lash by maybelline again fabulous stuff and as good if not better than my usual Chanel

CrystalMcPistol Thu 10-Mar-16 13:09:44

Max Factor Masterpiece or L'Oréal Telescopic (although I think that one is £11)

CrystalMcPistol Thu 10-Mar-16 13:13:37

Does anyone else remember dying to own a tube of Maybelline's legendary Great Lash mascara when Maybelline wasn't on sale here and internet shopping was as likely a thing as flying to the Mars?

All the supermodels used it and my teenage self couldn't wait to try it (and no doubt be transformed into Claudia Schiffer). I remember being distinctly underwhelmed once I finally got my mitts on it though grin

TheFutureMrsB Thu 10-Mar-16 13:20:06

I like Loreal Million Lashes and the Manga lash mascara, wasn't sure about trying the Manga Lashes after the advert with the stupid Lashes (I feel like I can't say Lashes anymore!) But it's really nice and looks great on.

Grelton Thu 10-Mar-16 17:32:59

You could try an MUA one: yours for £1, £2, £3 or £4, if it goes in the bin not a lot lost.

mowglik Thu 10-Mar-16 17:35:24

Agree seventeen HD falsifye best I've ever used and £6.99

ABridalArtist Thu 10-Mar-16 18:18:14

Agree with most: Seventeen HD is one of the best. I also like L'Oreal Volumillions

OliviaStabler Thu 10-Mar-16 18:21:19

Another one for Seventeen HD Falsifye. Bought one this week for £6.99 from Boots.

CaptainSnootyofthePoshBrigade Thu 10-Mar-16 18:26:02

You want the False Lash Architect by L'Oréal. I switched to it from Dior. It's just as good.

CaptainSnootyofthePoshBrigade Thu 10-Mar-16 18:29:24

www.theguardian.com/fashion/2015/jun/26/50-best-beauty-buys-under-20-pounds-sali-hughes

Recommended by Sali Hughes. It's number 24 on this list.

Jaimx86 Thu 10-Mar-16 18:30:56

All my make up is Dior, Chanel and Bobbie Brown... Except for my Rimmel mascara! I've used their mascara since I was a teen as no other brands work as effectively for the money. I always find they're best after being used for a week or so (once the air has got in). I'm currently using the gold one, but also like the chunky bright pink one.

pinkpeoniesplease Thu 10-Mar-16 18:30:56

I bought seventeen falsifeye HD this week after it was recommended by a makeup artist I follow on Facebook (Matt Goss). I like it and it's cheap!

bishboschone Thu 10-Mar-16 20:34:39

I use the natural collection lash length , it's £2 .. I do have long eyelashes but they are blonde . This works a treat . Worth a try ?!

kelper Thu 10-Mar-16 20:36:53

I've got Soap and Glorys mascara, in a gold tube, it's brilliant!

PollyPerky Thu 10-Mar-16 21:25:09

Thanks all. If they are so cheap I can afford to buy a few and experiment.

Lenazabaglione Thu 10-Mar-16 23:15:31

Bourjois Volume Seconde is fab and around a tenner.

IPokeBadgers Fri 11-Mar-16 16:06:52

CrystalMcPistol I remember being like re: Great Lash mascara. Bought some as soon as it was available here and Maybelline was seen as being very exotic....remember being so disappointed, thought it was crap and haven't bought it since! I wonder have they reformulated it?

PollyPerky Sat 12-Mar-16 10:18:48

Ok - update. Have bought Bourjois Push UP (!) recommended by Sali Hughes.

It seems great- doesn't clump and builds up well. In fact it clumps less than Hypnose. The only downside is that the threads around the cap became very clogged with mascara after 1 use, as if it were running out of the tube- maybe it's been a storage problem and won't keep happening.

I don't like Great Lash- tried it a couple of years ago and it made my lashes feel hard and spiky.

I do intend to try a couple of the L'Oreal suggestions. I have to say the choice is mind blowing. Gone are the days when we just went out and bought 'mascara'. Can they really all be so different or is it a marketing ploy?

JacksSkellington Sat 12-Mar-16 10:34:40

Another vote for Manga Eyes, I don't use anything else now.

You can get three for £18 on 3 for 2 at Boots and Superdrug at the moment.

Last ages as well and doesn't dry out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now