Talk

Advanced search

Date outfit

(11 Posts)
WineIsFineAtNine Wed 09-Mar-16 23:22:29

My friend has a date after many years of being single and needs advice on what to wear. She's 5'11,size 16 and has a 34H bust. Hourglass shape with slim legs and has honey blonde hair in a long bob, she's 26.

The date is drinks then a comedy club in Central London on Monday night.

Which dress is most suitable:

1) http://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/ASOS-Tall/ASOS-TALL-Kimono-Plunge-Mini-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5452601

WineIsFineAtNine Wed 09-Mar-16 23:23:15

2) m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/ASOS-Tall/ASOS-TALL-Button-Through-Skater-Dress-with-Embroidery/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6180700&cid=19780&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=50&sort=-1&clr=Black&totalstyles=222&gridsize=3&un_jtt_v_frompage=0

WineIsFineAtNine Wed 09-Mar-16 23:24:42

3) m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/ASOS-Tall/ASOS-TALL-Wrap-Front-Mini-Dress-With-Long-Sleeves/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5640978

WineIsFineAtNine Wed 09-Mar-16 23:25:11

Dress 1 in navy and dress 3 in black

hownottofuckup Wed 09-Mar-16 23:25:51

Love the skater dress.

Error404usernamenotfound Wed 09-Mar-16 23:27:21

2nd one; the first one is lovely, but impractical (I'd be terrified of spilling something one it!), and the second is just a really nice dress, not too dressy, and looks comfy.

Basically, she wants something she can put on and forget about.

Hope her date goes well! smile

MrsSnufkin Wed 09-Mar-16 23:30:49

I LOVE that second dress orders for self

Error404usernamenotfound Wed 09-Mar-16 23:33:00

Posted before I saw no. 3, and the colour choice for no. 1. I still think no. 2 though, although prefer no. 3 to no.1. Prefer no. 3 in the red, it will suit her colouring better. Plain black washes golden-haired people out a little, IME.

With her figure she could wear pretty much anything and still look stunning, though (totally not jealous, oh no)

WineIsFineAtNine Wed 09-Mar-16 23:53:41

She's decided on dress number two. Now the question of accessorises: what shoes and bag?!?! She's more comfortable in flats due to already being tall. What kind of bag? Nude tights or black tights? She's going to have a blowdry at the hairdressers but what colour nails would you do with dress number 2?

She's been single for the past 5 years so I'm really hoping it works out for her

Error404usernamenotfound Thu 10-Mar-16 00:06:23

Nude/red/black ballet pumps; tights she could get away with nude or black (assuming black shoes; red or nude call for nude tights). Minimal accessories, just something simple in silver/red. Fairly neutral makeup. It's always tempting to go a bit overboard on a first date, but I think reasonably casual is better, especially on a Monday night.

I wore an old vest top and denim skirt for my first date with DH....

Pinkheart5915 Thu 10-Mar-16 00:25:31

Dress 2 was a fantastic choice, such a gorgeous dress.

I'd go black or red shoes (flats or court shoes)
Nude tights
Maybe a silver necklace or bracelet
I'd go with red nails or maybe just a French manicure

Hope your friend enjoys her date!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now