loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best biker jacket advice!

(6 Posts)
Justputyourshoesonnow Wed 09-Mar-16 14:29:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pupsiecola Wed 09-Mar-16 17:10:08

I have a camel coloured one from Mint Velvet (few years ago now but they always have a leather jacket or two in store). I saw a lovely navy blue one in Jigsaw yesterday. I have a 50 quid voucher left over from xmas, but I was 249 quid short lol.

Pupsiecola Wed 09-Mar-16 17:12:45

Sorry, it was black:-

www.jigsaw-online.com/product/leather-quilted-sleeve-biker-jacket/J24429_BK000

Collarless seems to be in but I would worry it would date:-

www.mintvelvet.co.uk/leather/dept/fcp-category/list

I do like this one but would have the same issue, and it probably looks better done up than undone ...

www.mintvelvet.co.uk/dove-leather-biker-jacket/leather-jackets/mint-v/fcp-product/6592

Justputyourshoesonnow Wed 09-Mar-16 17:22:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

My best ones have been from Oasis. My Mint Velvet one is a thing of beauty, but isn't wearing as well as the Oasis ones. Whistles do v beautiful ones sometimes.

louloubelle2 Wed 09-Mar-16 17:31:43

My best advice would be to try on as many as you can, whilst appearing to be the same style, they all seem to fit and suit people differently. One of the hardest jackets to buy I found. I'd also recommend sizing down and not to worry too much if it feels tight when done up - they're not supposed to be zipped up anyway, and often look a lot better when more fitted.Plus they can give a bit if they are lambs leather. If you go to All Saints they will practically insist you size down (not that you have t listen of course!)

I have the Bales from All Saints, a size smaller than my normal which is perfect:
www.allsaints.com/women/leathers/allsaints-bales-biker/?colour=5&category=25

I also loved the Papin and the Bleeker (the Papin has slightly cropped sleeves)
www.allsaints.com/women/leathers/allsaints-bales-biker/?colour=5&category=25

www.allsaints.com/women/leathers/allsaints-bleeker-biker/?colour=3969&category=25

Again, I would have sized down in both.

I have an older Whistles on, the Ziggy I think, they dont seem to do an exact newer style but it's simiar to the All Saints Bleeker and Papin (which is why I didn't buy them)
www.google.co.uk/search?q=whistles+ziggy+leather+jacket&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjbuMS7kLTLAhUGPBQKHV_tCxUQ_AUICCgC&biw=2048&bih=1221#imgrc=awxq2yNuy0no8M%3A

Finally, as a complete indulgence, although I had a voucher and a discount code, I've got the Isabel Marant Kady:

www.google.co.uk/search?q=isabel+Marant+kady&espv=2&biw=2048&bih=1221&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjgnIfzkLTLAhUGsxQKHe7kDrUQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=6kPbDi3ACXEU_M%3A

in my normal size. It's a bit different from a traditional biker, but I think the best of the bunch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now