Talk

Advanced search

Easy alternative to face wipes

(21 Posts)
Willow33 Wed 09-Mar-16 10:48:03

I am finally realising I should not use face wipes often but they are so convenient! Please can you tell me what I can use which doesn't involve water as that takes up too much time yes I know I have a baby who wakes me up at night so need sleep and very quick night time routine.

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 09-Mar-16 11:08:29

Micellar water and cotton pads?

BumbleNova Wed 09-Mar-16 11:26:50

I second Mitzy. that works really well for me. I do a proper hot cloth cleanse in the morning when I have more time.

VagueIdeas Wed 09-Mar-16 11:29:50

Flannel and hot water.

I know you said no water, but it REALLY takes no more time than a face wipe. Personally I never feel my face is clean without water.

If you're that pushed for time, run the hot tap while you're on the toilet grin

MagpieCursedTea Wed 09-Mar-16 11:31:32

Clarins have a cleanser/toner that they call 'wipes in a bottle'
Smells lovely and has done wonders for my skin.

shamonts Wed 09-Mar-16 11:33:04

boots organics micellar water and cotton pads

can do even if drunk smile

Willow33 Wed 09-Mar-16 11:44:38

So what is micellar water? Why is it so good and does it get rid of eye make up?

MissTessmacher Wed 09-Mar-16 11:45:53

Another vote for pads + micellar water.

The Garnier micellar water in the pink bottle is the best (and is always on offer somewhere). Use large oval pads rather than the wee circular ones for your eyes.

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 09-Mar-16 11:48:15

www.marieclaire.co.uk/blogs/546857/micellar-cleansing-water.html

FuckOffJeffrey Wed 09-Mar-16 12:15:44

Am I the only person that doesn't get on with micellar water? I've tried 3 different brands and they have all made my skin break out.

I stick to hot cloth cleansers now. The liz earl one is my preference but I'm currently useing superdrug own brand because I'm too skint for expensive stuff just now.

Honestly Willow33 it takes less than 5 minutes to do. Slap product on face and rub it all over, wipe of with cloth that's been rinsed in hot water. I re rinse my cloth 4-5 times under the hot tap. Quick splash with cold water at the end and your done.

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 09-Mar-16 12:16:56

I've never even tried it FuckOffJeffrey. I'm all about cloths and water and oily cleansers. Micellar water just doesn't appeal.

shamonts Wed 09-Mar-16 12:31:27

I love them. I used to get the odd big spot on my cheeks but since Ive been using micellar water at night I don't get them any more smile

mrsmortis Wed 09-Mar-16 12:49:05

Another vote of Micellar water. I use the garnier one or the simple one. I get hormonal breakouts and they've much improved since I started using them.

Floisme Wed 09-Mar-16 12:52:55

All micellar water did for me was make my face itch.

I rub in a bit of almond oil and then wipe it off with a warm flannel.

spankhurst Wed 09-Mar-16 12:55:47

Micellar water works well for me, but a proper hot cloth polish thingy with a good balm (I'm using Boots Botanics) leaves my skin really soft. I do it once or twice a week, micellar water the other days.

I don't cleanse in the mornings and my skin has been softer and calmer since I stopped. Quick splash of lukewarm water only.

arahia Wed 09-Mar-16 13:09:37

Micellar water is great. As a make up remover. I wouldn't use to wash face, any face wash/oil/cleanser will be better than wipes or micellar water.

JollyXmasJumper Wed 09-Mar-16 13:19:36

Another vote for micellar water and especially the Bioderma one which does not feel as "sticky" as the others.

A bit more expensive, there are also Lush's Ultrabland and Clinique's Take the Day Off "no water" cleansers - just rub in and wipe with a cloth. They are amazing if you have sensitive skin!

mumsnit Wed 09-Mar-16 13:36:21

I love micellar water! It works out really cheap and I use cotton pads from Aldi which are good and cheap as chips! I use the Simple micellar water which takes off all makeup and my face feels lovely and refreshed afterwards.

ChildlessAndOK Wed 09-Mar-16 13:43:10

Cetaphil and cotton pads for me, tho am also just using miceller water and cotton pads.
The miceller feels clean and fresh but the cetaphil feels moisturised too.
I tend to use the cetaphil at night and miceller water in AM.
Also CBA with tap water etc as I make right mess rinsing face!!

badg3r Wed 09-Mar-16 14:45:26

I use sensitive baby wipes... They're basically just a wet flannel right?! Like you my routine was born out of necessity; young baby asleep in arms and wipes were nearest!!

Willow33 Thu 10-Mar-16 22:17:14

Thank you. I have today bought the Garnier micellar cleanser smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now