Eye brow pencil recommendations please

(22 Posts)
MiamiNaice Tue 08-Mar-16 19:14:40

I just have little gaps to fill in, I have light brown hair with fair skin.
I've so far tried and failed
Mac : looked good but broke too easy
Benefit : too soft
Both above therefore run out in a short space of time
Rimmel: light brown shade still too dark and couldn't find a lighter one

Over to you wink

miffy2 Tue 08-Mar-16 19:30:49

My all time favourite (having tried and tested many) is Anastasia Brow Wiz. Not cheap but I buy on beautybay and it lasts ages.

I also like and rate maybelline Brow Satin and Soap & Glory have two, the thinner one is very similar to the Brow Wiz.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Tue 08-Mar-16 20:13:06

I second Anastasia, anything by her is brilliant for brows.

Brow Wiz
Dipbrow Pomade
Brow Definer.

I have all three plus the #12 brush and my brows look fab, my face is happy!

Not cheap products but they will last for a long time.

Youvegottobekidding Tue 08-Mar-16 20:48:20

I've just bought Boot's seventeen 'Brow Sculptor' pencil for the second time - it comes in just the one colour, brown, but it's very good, you can you it as light or as dark as you wish.

Youvegottobekidding Tue 08-Mar-16 20:48:53

Forgot to add, it's only £2.99 as well!

Dozyoldtwonk Tue 08-Mar-16 20:50:43

I have just finished the Clinique fine liner in brown - really good coverage & a very fine nib but broke easily if you twist up more product than you need for one application IYSWIM.

I've just bought a MAC pencil in the shade fling & liking it so far.

Not to hijack this thread but if anyone has brow gel/setter recommendations please wing them my way.

Dozyoldtwonk Tue 08-Mar-16 20:51:12

Forgot to say - I really do recommend the Clinique liner!

Terramirabilis Tue 08-Mar-16 20:55:12

Thirding Anastasia Brow Wiz. I have also bookmarked this from Brett Freedman to try sometime as it looks quite good. The attraction for me is that as a strawberry blonde I have an eyebrow colour that's hard to match so maybe it would work well. Obviously you can find your own best colour option on the site.

Terramirabilis Tue 08-Mar-16 20:59:01

Re brow gel Dozy, I use the Anastasia clear brow gel.

Dozyoldtwonk Tue 08-Mar-16 21:23:17

Thanks terra

Can you buy her stuff in Boots hopes & if not, where is best to buy?

puglife15 Tue 08-Mar-16 22:24:43

No. 7 is good

hecallsmebunny Tue 08-Mar-16 22:43:56

I use this and find it brilliant www.amazon.co.uk/Revlon-Eye-Brow-Fill-In-Powder/dp/B0031BAPT6 - £4, lasts ages and much more effective than a pencil!

bingisthebest Tue 08-Mar-16 22:50:32

I gave similar sounding brows to you. I've just bougjt a soap and glory one and it's fab.

JimmyGreavesMoustache Tue 08-Mar-16 22:53:43

i have the loreal one in Blonde
it's not blonde - more of a flat light ash brown, no warmth, which I like.

Terramirabilis Tue 08-Mar-16 23:29:21

Sorry Dozy I live in the US so I don't know where would be best to buy from the UK.

hollinhurst84 Wed 09-Mar-16 07:45:01

I think Rimmel do a blonde one

gonegrey56 Wed 09-Mar-16 07:49:21

BD Trade Secrets eyebrow pencil in Blonde. From Tesco. The perfect ash brown , very natural and texture is just right. Cheap and brilliant .

timemaychangeme Wed 09-Mar-16 08:33:42

Another Anastasia Brow Wiz vote here. I've tried all sorts and this looks the most natural, easiest to apply well and long lasting.

MiamiNaice Wed 09-Mar-16 12:33:02

I've decided to try the soap and glory one for now as there was £3 off and then went on to spend another £40 on an eye shadow palette and bronzer grin

Ponymagic Wed 09-Mar-16 13:51:14

Don't want to derail thread but a couple of questions re the Anastasia Brow Wiz ... I've had a look online and it seems like you apply with an angled brush. Can you really make the strokes look natural and hair-like rather than a block of colour on your skin? What's the trick?

I have sparse eyebrows at the inner end and find it really difficult to get them balanced - one has more hair than the other blush. Bought Benefit Gimme Brow a few weeks back but can't really get a result I'm happy with. So .... am wondering whether the Brow Wiz is worth a shot.

Thanks!

FellOutOfBedTwice Wed 09-Mar-16 14:00:36

You need this. Looks uninspiring and unlikely to be any good but as a light skinned, light brown haired person this is the best eyebrow pencil I've ever used. And it's less than £3.

Ponymagic Wed 09-Mar-16 16:06:20

Oops sorry, ignore me! I got the Brow Wiz confused with Dip Brow! Perfectly self-explanatory.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now