Straw poll: new pair of boots

(25 Posts)
OnlyLovers Tue 08-Mar-16 18:12:33

Feel like treating myself even though I have boots coming out of my ears

I'm torn between these and these.

Price of both is fine. I don't tend to go in for lace-ups, so am slightly surprised that I like the second pair here, but I do.

I'd want to wear them with skinny jeans and with shortish dresses/skirts. Already have ankle boots I wear with both, so know how they look generally.

Whaddya say, MN?

Prefer the first, although (whispers) they might be bordering on 'yee haw' territory. The second pair remind me a bit of the sort of thing you'd wear to dress up as Eliza Doolittle, which may or may not be a good thing, depending on your take on it! I don;t hate either of them, but don't completely love either either.

Not much use!

'Scuse typos.

mogloveseggs Tue 08-Mar-16 18:22:29

I think the first.

ScarlettDarling Tue 08-Mar-16 18:24:25

I like the first but really dislike the second.

OnlyLovers Tue 08-Mar-16 18:29:34

I know just what you mean about Eliza Doolittle, Remus! grin That's why I'm surprised I like them; I usually go for a 'sleeker' look than lace-ups.

I may also be being seduced by the fact that they're Red or Dead, a label that I've loved for decades. And the model doesn't look like Eliza D in them, although admittedly she's no doubt much younger and cooler than I...

I'm going to sleep on it.

I actually like them more and more each time I look at them. Would depend how they were worn, I think. Have you got neat little feet?

oldlaundbooth Tue 08-Mar-16 18:39:07

I like the first pair.

OnlyLovers Tue 08-Mar-16 18:41:40

Sadly not. grin Size 8. I am tall though. And the little bit of heel would help, I think.

SerenaVanDerWoodsen Tue 08-Mar-16 18:48:11

Another one for the first pair here. They're lovely. Although I'm not a laces fan either.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Tue 08-Mar-16 18:50:49

I love the first pair gallops off into the sunset after eating baked beans around the campfire. They are lovely.

Not as keen on the lace ups.

HeadFullofSteam Tue 08-Mar-16 18:51:07

I really like the second ones. First ones are ok but not overly keen on the straps.

Kenworthington Tue 08-Mar-16 18:52:51

1st ones def. Second ones are a bit victorian workhouse for my liking grin

DansonslaCapucine Tue 08-Mar-16 18:54:00

I far prefer the second pair.

Don't like the first pair at all.

OliviaDunham Tue 08-Mar-16 18:56:42

First pair, but I love cowboy/western boots.

Hmmm - Not sure about the second pair on size 8 feet. For some reason, this image came to my mind. Sorry!
Alan

OnlyLovers Tue 08-Mar-16 19:08:29

It won't let me see the page properly without creating an account, Remus, but I know what you mean. grin

I'm leaning towards the Hudsons. Wish I could reverse the prices though!

grin

amarmai Tue 08-Mar-16 19:38:46

1st pair for me-i wore my cowboy boots today!

CremeDeSudo Wed 09-Mar-16 09:31:27

Another vote for the first pair. Tempted to buy them myself..!

OnlyLovers Wed 09-Mar-16 09:42:50

Yep, that's me to the life, Remus how rude grin

I'm going for the Hudsons. Well, I'l have a look at Ash first and then decide.

smile Have you tried either of them on? I'm just not convinced that the Hudsons merit their price tag.

OnlyLovers Wed 09-Mar-16 17:11:05

No, am shopping online.

Actually decided against them both for now but will muse on it for a bit.

mamapants Wed 09-Mar-16 17:15:19

Second pair are nice, first pair just seen a bit dull,

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 09-Mar-16 17:37:12

2nd pair here, prefer a lace-up - freakily skinny feet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now