Talk

Advanced search

Eucerin Hylaron Filler day cream

(26 Posts)
murphys Tue 08-Mar-16 09:42:09

Have always used Clarins extra firming range, but just cannot afford to use it anymore.

I tried a few substitutes but they either made my skin oily and caused me to break out in eczema.

So I tried the Eucerin recently as it was on offer, and I have to say... I think I prefer it to the Clarins. My skin just looks so much better, more radiant, someone even commented yesterday so it must be doing something wink. The one I have is for combination skin.

I don't work for them, promise... grin... just wanted to share as it costs less than a third of Clarins.

MissTurnstiles Tue 08-Mar-16 13:08:24

I'm a big fan, too, and funnily enough also switched over from Clarins. I was using the multi-active day cream, which is lovely, but the Eucerin is fab. The anti-age hyaluron filler serum is excellent, too.

murphys Tue 08-Mar-16 14:59:28

I bought the night cream as well, but cannot comment on that one yet as wanted to properly try out the day cream before introducing something else different, just in case I reacted to one of them.

I looked at the serum, as I still have some Double Serum left, I will try that out once its finished.

I just cannot believe the price of Clarins these days. Lovely products, but just totally unaffordable at the moment.

fatherpeeweestairmaster Tue 08-Mar-16 19:34:59

i love it too - and the night cream is just as good. The Q10 cream was also the first moisturiser in ages to make any sort of dent on my very dry skin.

Paddingtonthebear Tue 08-Mar-16 19:39:39

Oh really? Is it a daily moisturiser? How much is it?

murphys Wed 09-Mar-16 06:33:10

Yes daily moisturiser, quite a few in the range.

I cant comment on pricing as I am not in UK but if I convert what Clarins would cost here it would be around 45 pounds or so, and the Eucerin is around 7 pounds. And I managed to get 3 for 2, as I managed to buy it at a pharmacy chain (something like Boots) but Clarins would never ever have an offer than like running.

MamaAwayOnBusiness Wed 09-Mar-16 08:04:10

I've been using their volume filler night cream and I love it.

Naicecuppatea Wed 09-Mar-16 09:09:50

I've just started using the Eucerin Q10 for dry skin and like it's richness so far, I also have extremely dry skin that gets drier as the day goes on so I'll be interested in seeing if it helps.

MissTurnstiles Wed 09-Mar-16 09:20:01

Ah, murphys, not such a dramatic price difference here - the Eucerin is around £20 compared to £35ish for the Clarins.

MissTurnstiles Wed 09-Mar-16 09:22:59

That said, Boots do 3 for 2 offers fairly frequently on 'premium skincare' and Eucerin is always included.

UnmentionedElephantDildo Wed 09-Mar-16 09:27:01

I like their Even Brighter day cream.

I assume it's the urea content that matters?

BoboChic Wed 09-Mar-16 09:29:11

I'm a huge fan of Eucerin products. Fantastic.

MissTurnstiles Wed 09-Mar-16 09:31:24

OP, would you be willing to hint at which country you're in? My sister's in the US right now and a quick look at the Walgreens and CVS websites suggests that Eucerin is really cheap there - but they don't seem to have the hyaluron range. Wondering if it's Europe only.

shamonts Wed 09-Mar-16 11:34:46

I use the eucerin body moisturiser for extremely dry skin and it is amazing

murphys Wed 09-Mar-16 15:19:04

Miss I'm not in USA, but in South Africa.

I just checked the pricing of it on line at a different shop, and I got it on a real good offer it seems, as it seems to be around 12 pound at normal price. This is the hylaron one which is the most expensive. Even brighter range seems to be around 10 pounds. Q10 is 8-9 pounds. So I suppose still quite a bit cheaper than in UK. Clarins is way more here though it seems.

PeopleOnTheEdgeOfTheNight Wed 09-Mar-16 16:39:14

Eucerin is on offer at Boots - I just checked and it's 25% off online. I don't know about in-store.

Right, what do you recommend (40s, some wrinkles, dehydrated).

Canshopwillshop Wed 09-Mar-16 16:45:48

Ooh, I'm interested. I'm using Liz Earle Superskin at the moment but fighting back the wrinkles and feel like I need something more.

fatherpeeweestairmaster Wed 09-Mar-16 16:47:51

I have sensitive, 40s, prone to redness, very dry skin and I love both the Q10 day cream and the Hyaluron Filler day cream for dry skin. My face looks all plumped up and healthy, and not all parched by 4pm as happens with other moisturisers. TBH I can't tell that much difference between them, but the HF has a SPF15 and is 50% more expensive than the Q10 so am assuming it's 50% more amazing. wink

When my skin's really dry in winter I keep a tube of the 5% Urea replenishing cream as my nuclear option and it works overnight.

fatherpeeweestairmaster Wed 09-Mar-16 16:49:31

I should add that I tried all the usual French Pharmacie suspects in an attempt to deal with the redness/sensitivity but they didn't really cut it - I suspect now that some of my irritation was coming from dehydration, and the Eucerin really sorts that problem out.

MissTurnstiles Wed 09-Mar-16 16:56:16

People definitely the hyaluron range. I find the normal day cream in a pump dispenser is just right for me - the day cream for dry skin in a pot is too heavy for my normalish skin. You might like to try the concentrate as well.

PeopleOnTheEdgeOfTheNight Wed 09-Mar-16 17:43:12

Thanks Father and Turnstiles.smile

murphys Thu 10-Mar-16 06:26:27

People, I am also using the pump bottle of the Hyaluron, as this is for combination skin. The one in the pot is for dry skin.

There is one called Anti Redness that might work better for you.

here

PeopleOnTheEdgeOfTheNight Thu 10-Mar-16 20:23:16

Thanks murphys

Pamaga Wed 16-Mar-16 16:27:56

I love the Eucerin dry skin cream in a tube. I am always wary about beauty products like creams in tubs. Surely bacteria from your fingers is deposited in the cream every time you dip in. Or do people use a spatula to scoop it out?

Naicecuppatea Thu 17-Mar-16 10:05:16

I wash my hands every time I get cream out of my pot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now