Talk

Advanced search

Skincare for very dry/sensitive skin that's also spot prone :(

(9 Posts)
AprilDHarvey Mon 07-Mar-16 22:02:54

Hello everyone! smile
My skin is very dry and sensitive, the worst of the dryness is normally on my nose and forehead. However, my skin is also prone to spots and breakouts with the worst of it on my chin and jawline.

It's very frustrating trying to find a cleanser/exfoliate etc. that keeps my breakouts at bay but doesn't completely dry my skin out. I've tried so many and it's such a waste of money! Simple didn't irritate my skin but it didn't seem to do much about my spots sad

Any products you could recommend or advice?

redcaryellowcar Mon 07-Mar-16 22:05:09

My skin sounds similar, I use dermalogica, theoretically you should only buy fro a salon as they 'prescribe' what you need, is thoroughly recommend that you do this as their products are clever and work really well if you get the best ones for your skin. (I have no allegiance to the brand other than as a happy customer)

NantucketNightbird Mon 07-Mar-16 22:13:21

I have awful skin, was taking oxytetracycline on prescription but had to stop due to my bone density. I have tried all sorts but what's working for me now is palmers foaming cleanser and st Ives sensitive scrub. I was plastering on astral but have started boots traditional range glycerin and rose water. This leaves my skin so soft I haven't needed to moisturise and I have terribly dry skin. The cold cream is also excellent. These are all super cheap products.

fiorentina Tue 08-Mar-16 07:30:15

I have had this problem and thanks to advice on this board now use a basic cleanser and then nip fab exfoliating wipes which have really helped. I have also been prescribed Duac from the doctors to get rid of the acne and a thin layer each night hasn't caused me sensitive skin any reaction. My skin is looking a lot better, I'm so pleased as it has been bad for a while. I've also tried to drink more water and take evening primrose oil.

Paddingtonthebear Tue 08-Mar-16 07:39:24

My skin was a bit like that. I found the spots and sensitivity were caused by using products that were too rich or harsh. I use these three things morning and night and my skin is smooth and supple now:

www.superdrug.com/Simply-Pure/Simply-Pure-Face-Wash-150ml/p/204294

m.boots.com/h5/cat_hub?unCountry=uk&path=/en/Nip-Fab-Glycolic-Fix-Exfoliating-Facial-Pads-60s_1285979/

www.superdrug.com/Superdrug/Superdrug-Naturally-Radiant-2-in-1-Moisturiser-&-Serum/p/689952

Paddingtonthebear Tue 08-Mar-16 07:41:38

The Vitamin E range at Superdrug is also good.

Indecisivejo Tue 08-Mar-16 07:46:05

What's your budget? Are you looking for high st products or something higher end?

Paddingtonthebear Tue 08-Mar-16 07:55:20

I should add that as well as all the usual brands sold in Boots I had also tried the more expensive Dermalogica, Origins, Liz Earle etc without success.

La Roche Posay range is also quite good if you find the right products.

AprilDHarvey Tue 08-Mar-16 12:00:50

Thanks for the suggestion everyone! I'll be doing some serious review reading and testing over the coming weeks, hopeful some of your suggestions will work. Indecisivejo I'm on a pretty tight budget as I'm a student so it'll definitely have to be high street products.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now