Talk

Advanced search

Facial hair removal

(5 Posts)
scarygodmother Mon 07-Mar-16 20:33:11

What do you use? Does it work? is it painful? how often do you have to do it?

I'm mid-30s and have fine blonde hair on my upper lip - its getting more noticeable and I need to remove it but have never done so before.

I'd prefer a method that I can do myself and isn't too expensive. Anyone use hair removal creams? they sound like the best option but don't want to leave myself with a rash or stubble!

TimeToMuskUp Mon 07-Mar-16 21:54:36

Amazon do Tweepi, which is a weapon of torture from the bowels of hell but works a treat and is mildly addictive. It's a tightly-coiled spring with handles on each end, you bend it in half, rub it up your beard and it rips all those little (giant, in my case) blonde hairs out. You have no idea what a hairy mess you are til you get one.

Pain-wise it's on a par with threading. Makes your eyes water for a second but after a G&T it's fine.

Truckingalong Mon 07-Mar-16 21:58:45

As above but it hurts and gives me a rash however it's totally addictive too!

toomuchinternets Mon 07-Mar-16 22:04:10

Wax with strips about once a month. Hate doing it but over in seconds!

MNetter15 Tue 08-Mar-16 12:29:22

I do a bit of everything 😑

I use a hair removal cream on my upper lip once a month, where I'm fair and light hair. I know they're not recommended, but mine has never damaged my skin.

My chin is dark and thick 😑 so I get it waxed once a month at the beauticians and I pluck with a tweezers inbetween. I need to do this twice a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now