Talk

Advanced search

What bra for an open back dress

(6 Posts)
carrie74 Mon 07-Mar-16 11:07:21

I bought this dress at Whistles yesterday because it was too beautiful not to:

www.whistles.com/women/clothing/dresses/kelly-cut-out-dress-21983.html?dwvar_kelly-cut-out-dress-21983_color=Navy#start=1

I'm pretty flat chested (I think with bra intervention I'd be a 28C, but wear a 32A as that's generally the smallest bra mainstream retailers do, but fits well), so don't need support, but I would like to wear a bra to provide some shape as well as for modesty.

No idea what I need to wear though - is it a stick on bra? And if so, where should I go for that???

Keeptrudging Mon 07-Mar-16 11:09:50

I bought a body-shaper type thing (with a control panel), it worked really well with a very low - backed dress.

specialsubject Mon 07-Mar-16 16:35:11

nothing that shows. So stick on supports or nothing, twerpy fashion designer hasn't thought of this when making the dress. The model is wearing a bra in the front shot which would show, they've just removed it for the rear shot.

vanillabeauty Mon 07-Mar-16 19:14:23

I am a 28dd but look flat (wide shallow boobs) I had a stick on bra about £3-4 from eBay which boosted me a little.
www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/230974881194
Not sure if I got that exact one, but they are all pretty similar. The cups are about 1cm thick.

Or use low back convertors on a normal bra?
www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/261776287596

seven201 Mon 07-Mar-16 19:22:35

My wedding dress had a back just like that. I had a stick on bra and it was unattractive fine. I think I got it from John Lewis. You can try them on by holding them up if you see what I mean.

carrie74 Mon 07-Mar-16 20:25:45

Fabulous, thanks everyone. Sticky chicken fillets it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now