Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Who does good cigarette pants?

(13 Posts)
Rathkelter Mon 07-Mar-16 09:55:32

I'm looking for a couple of decent work trousers that will wash well, won't go baggy at the knees or saggy in the gusset. I like the cigarette shape. Which retailer does them well?

LittleCandle Mon 07-Mar-16 09:56:39

Simply Be has some nice ones, but they are often patterned, which might not be what you want for work.

TheDowagerCuntess Mon 07-Mar-16 10:03:47

Place marking - love this cut of trew.

Annarose2014 Mon 07-Mar-16 10:08:33

Next definitely do cigarette pants.

MadisonMontgomery Mon 07-Mar-16 10:18:24

JCrew do nice cigarette pants & I had a pair from Boden which were good.

tigerdog Mon 07-Mar-16 10:25:48

Surprisingly, I love the Topshop ones. Great patterns. I have a lovely houndstooth and a thicker black/white checked pair, and will buy their polkadot pair too next time I'm in town. I find them to be a good length, kind on my disproportionately large thighs, and wash and wear well.

I have a couple of Next pairs (they're ok) and a Zara pair, which were ok considering they only cost £9 in the sale.

Interested to hear if there any other recommendations - cigarette trousers and a blouse is my spring/summer work outfit of choice as I hate baring my legs!

JimmyGreavesMoustache Mon 07-Mar-16 10:34:36

I have a fat pair from White Co, and a thin pair from Banana Republic. The latter have cracking sales, so I'd wait until they've got one on.

Rathkelter Mon 07-Mar-16 10:59:28

Thanks will look at JCrew and Topshop. Ah yes, and Next. My old wide-leg ones were always from there but they look so dated now.

tigerdog I'm with you on the thigh issue! This fit is perfect as it's slimming and hides the thighs.

carrie74 Mon 07-Mar-16 11:00:59

Also Banana Republic can be good for this - I think it's the Sloan trouser which is a good shape. But also J Crew.

squoosh Mon 07-Mar-16 13:45:54

I had a dream about the perfect pair of cigarette trousers the other night. Would rather it had been about James Norton but oh well!

Will try the Topshop ones.

polyhymnia Mon 07-Mar-16 15:13:21

Boden are doing some work this season but haven't tried them.

ZaraW Mon 07-Mar-16 17:14:18

I have the Richmond cigarette trousers from Boden they are a great fit much better than the Sloan from BR which were huge on me and pretty unflattering even when I sized down.

polyhymnia Mon 07-Mar-16 19:41:42

Oh that's interesting. I have the Richmond 7/8 trousers which I like and was wondering about the cigarette trousers. May give them a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now